The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ya-Ba-Da-Ba-Doo

Winn's first time with ice-cream/sherbert. Dad had the Flinstone Push-Up pops...you know the yummy ones!! Too funny to not share...

Hey there dad, whatcha got? I can get some?
Let me just get this situated in my mouth a little bit...
Oh heck, that is cold on my teeth!
I'm going to try to eat through this...
Here comes the brain freeze!
Ok, ok...I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Mmmm...could I BE any stickier??
That was terrific Dad, thanks for the tastey treat!

A few sidenotes:
1.) Chap didn't want me to take pictures of this b/c we had the generic brand of Flinstone Pops. I re-assured him that times are tough, people will understand :)
2.) Chap is REPULSED by sticky situations so this was almost nightmarish for him!


A few additional notes from the past two weeks (more so for my documenting purposes than anything).

1. We have a sitter! He staretd a few weeks ago and seems to really enjoy sitting and playing with toys around him. Don't get me wrong, he'll still take the occassional face plant...but we're working through it! :)


2. He LOVES his walker! That's right, please don't call DSS or our pediatrician, but we let him try the walker and he is a HUGE fan! Zooms all around the house and loves to chase us around. So much fun!


3. He can give high fives with prompting, I think he's impressed with himself on this one :)


4. Loves to PAT everything...new textures, surfaces, faces, his belly...you name it, he's patting!


5. At bed time we've started a parade-like routine where I carry him around the house and Chap follows us dancing to the tune of 'Adam's Family'. He thinks this is hilarious! He laughs and squeals the whole way to bed. It's my new favorite time of day :)

11 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the update! what kind of walker did you get? Savannah is now too tall for her exersaucer so I've been checking out the walkers, too.

Jaysey said...

This was a GREAT picture post!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute pictures! Tell Chap that we get the off-brand Walmart popsicles too. :)

Amber said...

Carter loved his walker too. I love the big smile after he got a good taste!

Mary cline weekly said...

I miss you guys so much! This post just filled my heart. The brain freeze pictures are classic. I hope to see you soon. I just love a parade, don't you?

Cookie and Poppy said...

(That last post was from me. I didn't realize MC did not sign out) Love, Cookie

Stephanie Pulliam said...

He is just so happy! I'm lovin all the new pics of him!

Daniel said...

Good thing that this will be the only sticky situation he'll ever find himself in. :)

And your pediatrician says no to the walker? You know our kids loved em!

Lisa said...

I like those Bumbo chairs-I will def. have to get one when we have more kids. :)

High Cotton said...

I'm so glad that you captured this fun moment on film - love the way he looks at Chap after having a taste. Too fun!

Matt and Dionne said...

Such a cute post!!! I loved all the fun updates! I can't believe how big the little guy is!