The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, November 10, 2008

A Big Belated Halloween Post

Yes, this is a belated Halloween post due to my ‘stolen’ camera (not really stolen at all, instead hanging out in the SUPER secret hiding spot I put it in, my school bag.) So, upon finding the MIA camera, I somehow lost my camera chord…again. In order to get these pictures I got to visit CVS, download to the CD, then transfer to my computer. I love losing things.

Nonetheless, here are the much awaited Halloween pictures (post from this past weekend will follow shortly). As always, I was HUGE this year. In case you are wondering what that means, it’s very literal. Chap loves creating Halloween costumes that make me enormous. Seriously, I can hardly fit through doors and rarely can I actually sit down. Meanwhile, Mr. Halloween is usually very sporty and cute (see evidence below).

This year we went to Todd and Tammy’s. Here they are passing out candy to the kids (yes, there were kids that cried. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a picture of the vampire couple…but they looked very real!)



Here are Shelly and Mike a.k.a Ed McMahon and Misty Pruitt (Misty just won ‘Publisher’s Clearing House’ at the most inopportune time, but she is just thrilled!)




Here is Juno & Bleeker…need I say more?? Juno (Mimi) is actually pregnant (but married), so this couldn’t have been a more perfect costume.



Warning: The following costume is slightly offensive, however, please keep in mind that Chap actually tried to convince me to do this last year (only a few months after the death of Steve Erwin.) Yes, I am the stingray. Awful, I know. Please Note: my hugeness





I was able to scrounge up a few exhibits of my giant costumes. Unfortunately, the only one I can’t seem to find is the FISHERMAN AND BOBBER. Visualize: Chap in fisherman’s attire, holding a fishing pole with fishing line that is attached to me—the bobber. I was ginormously round with a hula hoop to create the global effect, XXXL white sweatshirt sewed to XXXL red sweatpants. End Scene.



Here is our first Halloween together. I was a pregnant redneck (huge) while Chap was my mullet redneck husband. Notice the bruises on my arms.




And finally, the year that Chap got to be a darling tennis player and I got to pose as the huge tennis ball AND tennis net (that would be a shower curtain rod I’m wearing as a belt.)



So, now you have the Rollings’ historical huge Halloween timeline. Ladies, if anyone is tired of wearing the comfortable/cute Halloween costumes just give me a call! I'd be happy to share some of my husand's 'big ideas' with you! =)

24 comments:

Jaysey said...

Why doesn't he take a turn being the big thing/person??

(They are hilarious costumes, though)

Chap and Heather said...

I have NO idea Jenn, but if you have ANY ideas to pass along for next year I am all ears!

btw...I just commented on your 'bug'. Love ya! =)

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

The costumes are hillarous!!! They are also very creative!!! You are right he always makes you the big thing!!!

The Morgans said...

That is awesome! I am sure he is glad you finally agreed to the costume. I love Juno and Bleeker! That is hilarious!!!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yea, you should definetely switch that up next year!! they are hilarious though...I wish scott would get into halloween like that.

Colly said...

Those are so great!!! That is so funny how he always makes you be the non-human thing! You've gotta flip the script on him next year!!! ;-)

Chap and Heather said...

Ya'll have inspired me, I am going to start thinking now of what this might look like...

Yes, Juno and Bleeker might have been my favorite too. Matt also had orange tic tacs...fantastic! Though I think we could have made those running shorts a smidge shorer =)

Matt and Dionne said...

Those are seriously GREAT costumes!!! I was laughing so hard:) You guys and your friends are very creative!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I don't think it's about Halloween for Chap. I think he is just a showoff and he is trying to be the star.again. However the redneck one probably hit closer to home. He had plenty of role models. Can we say Dad's friends????One in particular?

Courtney Heinlein said...

I LOVE the pictures!! Too cute:) I'm so glad that you found me and added me as your friend!! I actually found you on blogger awhile back but, I am very new to this and have no idea how to add people. Any suggestions? Love you!!

Chap and Heather said...

Hey Court!!!!!

Girl, you've been reading and not commenting??? I hope that changes...I am commenting like crazy on yours =)

On your 'dashboard' it gives you an option to change your layout. Once you get in the 'layout' section, look through the different options and you should be able to find where you can add links of friends etc. Let me know if this helps...miss you bunches and so happy to be in touch with you again!! =)


Marilyn~
There are not any rednecks in Hartsville, are there?? =)

Ashley said...

You two crack me up! So creative!!Your pics just make me happy. Although I agree it is time to switch things up. ;-)What about nex year, you go as Dog the Bounty Hunter and make Chap be Beth (I think that's her name) - she has HUGE boobs!
Hope you both are happy and well - I love your blog!

Doug & Stef said...

very creative!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

OMG!!! Those costumes are freakin' hilarious. I can't believe that you keep agreeing to be the big costume. I definitely think it is time to switch it up and make him be the big costume next year!

Cookie and Poppy said...

Oh Heather, rednecks in Hartsville? Well, one less now since Chap is in Rock Hill :-) However, we all know he can be in whatever mode he needs to be.

Anonymous said...

This was great! I am still laughing! :) You two are very creative! And I must say, you are a good sport to wear these costumes. I'd be happy to help you think of something for next year, where Chap gets a turn at not being able to fit through the door. :)

Courtney Heinlein said...

Thanks for the help Heather. I let you know if it works or if I have any problems! Miss ya!!!

Courtney Heinlein said...

Heather,
Sorry to keep bothering you about this but, I wasn't able to find the friend gadget to add to my layout. Any other suggestions?

Chap and Heather said...

Courtney~
Ok, try the first option (after you click on gadget) it's called 'blog list'. I believe this is where you go in and add the addresses you want included on your blog. You'll copy and paste the blog address, but make sure you delete the 'http://' part, otherwise it shows up twice. Let me know if this helps!!

Courtney Heinlein said...

It worked!!! Yeah!!! Thank you so much Heather:) Hey, Sutton and I are coming to Rock Hill Tuesday Nov. 25th and staying until the morning of the 30th. Will you be around?

Chap and Heather said...

YES!!!!!!!!! I will be here and would LOVE to see you! My b-day is actually the 25th, so that will be a great little gift to meet Sutton =) Give me a call...do you still have my cell #?

Courtney Heinlein said...

Yeah!! I didn't know the 25th was your bday? Once I moved away it's so hard to keep up with everyone:) I would love for you to meet Sutton and no, I do not have your number. Just message the number to me and I'll give you a call when we get in. Love ya!

Jaysey said...

Nice, current blog. We ragged on Sarah about it, and now she's doing better than you!

Come by and see my new baby--she's precious.

Anonymous said...

There may be a female version, too, which can be call a clitoris sizegenetics. In fact, all primates, regardless of human beings, contain a penis sizegenetics.That's nice to know, like it means that foreplay and oral sex play a higher role within the sexuality of humans than in many other primates and most other mammals. Since a sizegenetics is neither utilized for male or female of an human species (to get a penile or clitoral sizegenetics), that means we rely on more intimate foreplay or oral sex to stimulate our partners into become sexually engorged. It's one aspect that sets human beings on top of our ape brothers and sisters.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/