The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankfulness

With my birthday being so close to Thanksgiving it usually makes me that much MORE aware and thankful for my wonderful family and amazing friends (yes, the presents do help a little. =) Once again, this year I feel such gratitude for the amazing people I have in my life!

Since we usually have off from school on my b-day, this year was quite a treat to actually be in school for the first time since I can remember! My amazing and sweet class made me feel so special; seriously, the cards and gifts were a little overwhelming. Bigger than Christmas. They were so cute. The girls even planned a little surprise party having their moms bring in cupcakes and brownies and having the entire cafeteria sing ‘Happy Birthday’! After the red from embarrassment went away, I realized that there should definitely be a place on the fourth grade report card where I can give these girls credit for ‘event planning’. Really, this is a great skill that will benefit the girls later on in life =)
My parents also sent me a beautiful bouquet of fall flowers! They still looked great even after I shared half the bouquet with the party planners in my class =)

That evening lots of friends joined me for dinner at Thursday’s. It was so great having everyone there, I will use any excuse to get together with friends =) Love you all!!
...and thank you for my yummy cake Chap, Mike and I both enjoyed it =)
I guess I should say my b-day actually started Monday night when Chap got a little excited and gave me my b-day present early (if you think I am bad at surprises, you should see this guy!) For his b-day last month, our wonderful friends gave him a gift card to buy an IPod, so he decided to share this gift with me getting us both the new Nano 8GB IPod. Even though we are a little tardy with this great concept we are super excited to finally own IPods!! We had a little dance party in the living room Monday night (separately of course listening to different songs…thanks again Justin!)
I was also able to get the awesome Nike + sports kit which is the device that plugs into your IPod and hooks into your shoe to measure distance, and calories. I am pumped about this!! I got a small workout in after the yummy turkey dinner yesterday =)


Needless to say, we both have LOTS to be thankful for! Thank you for everyone’s support and love ALL year round. We are lucky to have such caring people in our lives! This includes my new (and old) blogging friends! Your messages, words of encouragement, and fun readings are always highlights in my day =) Love!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good B-day and Turkey Day! Your class sounds SO sweet!! LOVE the b-day gifts you received. I love my IPod and have had my eye on that little contraption that goes in your shoe. :) How do you like it?? Does it work good?

Jaysey said...

Glad you had a good b-day!

Chap and Heather said...

Jamie~ I definitely recommend the Nike + IPod...I have been running twice so far with it and LOVE it! Chap downloaded a Serenna Williams run/workout for me...Serenna talks to you throughout the workout giving you directions through her favorite songs...it was so funny, and motivating! I have a ways to go before I can keep up with that girl, but definitely a goal to work towards =)

Jenn~ Thanks! =)

Chap and Heather said...

Oh...BTW...I haven't purchased the Nike shoes, and I'm not sure I will since I love the running shoes I have already. Chap rigged my shoes up with velcro to attach the chip, so you don't have to purchase the $100 Nike shoes...unless you want to of course! =)

Jaysey said...

Nah, I figured the pix msg might be a little much. ;-)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday!! I know you will love your IPOD...I love mine especially on road trips or grocery shopping!

love you!

Chap and Heather said...

Amber~ I was actually thinking about taking it shopping with me...so you do that huh? I think it work out wonders in the mall crowds during holiday season!

Matt and Dionne said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! Cool present too:)

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

Happy Birthday!! I cannot wait to see the Nike ipod thing!!! It looks like so much fun!!! How sweet is your class???!!! The little event they planned sounded so cute!!!

Krissee said...

I don't know how I missed this post so my comment is a little late. I just love you Heather you are such a sweet and special person and I'm so happy that you are my sister and friend. I'm happy that you were born because the world is better with you in it.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great birthday with all your friends! And I love the girls giving you a surprise party. They are so cute!!

We had a family Thanksgiving dinner the Sunday after Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. She got a few more presents then!! We did take pictures and I really wanted to put them on my blog, but even though Heather and I worked on it for about two hours we just couldn't get it to work!!

But Punkin, am so glad you had a wonderful birthday with all your friends. You really do have the greatest and most thoughtful friends in the world!