The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ahoy for a Goodner Boy!

This weekend, we hosted a baby shower for our good friends, Matt and Mimi. It was a fun shower to set up for because the home was absolutely gorgeous (right on the lake!) The soon to be mom and dad got lots of fantastic gifts for baby Goodner!



Mom, Dad, and hosts
Matt wrote a VERY sweet letter to Mimi which I framed with a picture of Baby Goodner. One of my favorite frames so far...thanks again for the idea Jamie, it's always a hit!

Favors: white chocolate covered pretzels drizzled in blue. While they were delicious, we decided this is probably the LAST time we'll make these incredibley messy and time consuming treats... but they sure did look cute in that sailboat!


The Goodner's pulled through with another yummy catering performance!

Erica's flower arrangements are always beautiful!
Opening the MANY great gifts...just to give you an idea, they got two strollers at this shower!
How proud is that daddy?

Evidence: Yes...Chap, along with the other guys, did remove themselves from the football game downstairs to offer SOME assistance =)


What a wonderful celebration of the soon to be parents! This brings us one step closer to welcoming baby boy Goodner into this world. He is going to be a VERY loved little boy with amazingly fun and loving parents! We are anxious to meet him and support his parents through this incredible journey!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather Doll, what a beautiful and fun shower this looked to be, from beginning to end!! Hope you ALL had a wonderful time, and I wish the parents the very happiest times and beautiful moments with Baby Goodner!!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. THE PICTURE OF YOU AND CHAP AND BRODY IS FANTASTIC!!! WE'D BETTER GET ONE!!!

Anonymous said...

It's me again!!! Just in case you aren't checking out your Halloween posts right now, I have to let you know these are the first time I have seen these costumes and I was laughing so hard I was crying. I can't wait to show Dad!! They are an absolute RIOT!!

You're right about Chap always being really cute and you always being the, uh, funny one!!

Matt and Dionne said...

You "Southerners" throw the most fun looking showers ever!!! I think I'll have to get in touch with you and Jamie for some major tips the next time I throw one:)

Matt and Dionne said...

P.S. I LOOOOVE your new header picture! You guys look so beautiful and happy together!

Anonymous said...

Love your new header pic, love your outfit that you wore at the shower and love the frame you did! Oh and love you too. :) That shower looked amazing! You do a great job!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header picture!! Brody is such a cute boy!

I'm sure the shower was fantastic....i really hate we missed it. but, I know mimi and matt got tons of stuff they'll need to welcome baby goodner!

Jaysey said...

The shower looks very pretty. Good work. Is that header pic gonna be on Xmas cards this year? It's very cute. After I get everybody outfitted for Christmas, I have to try to get them all together for a family photo--should be interesting. Guaranteed no one will be wearing a santa hat! Brody's a good boy! ;-)

Cookie and Poppy said...

IS CHAP WASHING DISHES? Another shower well done. You both and all your friends are amazing. I want one of those parties, but not a baby shower. What else qualifies???? Love the new picture, and like my BFF I had better get one.

Doug & Stef said...

You are really becoming a pro aren't you? ANd I LOVE the picture also it is so cute :) but that is to be expected from your cute little fam :)

The Morgans said...

Looks like the shower was a huge success, good job ladies! The new picture is cute! Where was that taken?

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

I love the new header photo!! It is so cute!! I can't believe Brody would let you put a santa cap on him!!! The shower looked absolutely beautiful!! You guys always do such a great job!!!

Colly said...

The shower was great! Thanks for everybody's hard work!! I also love the new picture!!! Brody really is trying to steal show!

Chap and Heather said...

Hey guys, thanks for all the fun comments =) I wish I could take more credit for the shower but it was definitely a team effort!!

I will be sure to let Mr. Brodey know that he's sort of famous. He'll probably slobber a lot =) Getting the Santa hat to stay on him was a little tricky...especially considering his main concern was trying to get in the creek that ran below the bridge we were standing on. =)

Moms~ You'll be getting a similar picture but not that exact one. Come on, you think I'd ruin the surprise?? (haha, I'm laughing at myself right now considering how awful I am at surprises)

Marilyn~ We can think of LOTS of reasons to have a party! We'll work on that this week =)

Brittany~ We actually took the picture on the bridge where Chap proposed =) Who knew Glenn Carrin Gardens was undergoing renovations?? Needless to say, it got a little muddy =)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You!! I really hope it's today... if memory serves me right it is. :) If not, I am so embarrassed. :) And if so... HAPPY B-DAY!!

Chap and Heather said...

Wow Jamie, I am more than impressed! You were right =) Thanks so much...it was a great b-day!! I'm just about to do a post =) Love you!