The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Double Daybies = Lots of Love!


We went to visit Smith and Addison on Sunday and had such a special time with them!! With two babies you can basically hold someone whenever you want...without taking turns!! Krissee and Daniel were so much fun to watch. Krissee is still so excited that her babies are here, she just holds them and gets tickled with joy, it's super cute! And Daniel, wow...what a hands on dad?! He is so involved in everything, and I know most of you are saying...'duh, he has to be...there are two of them...' but that's not the case. Even when one is asleep he is engaged with either changing the other's diapers, feeding, getting bottles ready, cleaning, making steak dinners, or having talks with Addison about dating at the ripe age of 45. They are such great parents already, I am so excited to watch them raise Smith and Addison! Thank you both for being such great examples to us, we are forever grateful for the time and memories already shared!



Hmmm...who's a proud uncle?? Me and Mr. Handsome (Smith)
Mommy and adorable Addison, I think they are pretty in love with each other =)
Yes, that's right...I did say STEAK dinner. Who makes a delicious meal the day they come home from the hospital??? Daddy Daniel!! Not sure how my day could have gotten much better...babies AND yummy food??!!This is one of my new favorite pictures, I am still trying to get the best one off my camera phone...but till that happens here is the 2nd place photo. After the yummy meal Chap went in the living room saying, "yep...time for Chappy's nappy...and I'm taking one of these babies with me!" So he took Smith (though I don't think he slept much...just stared =)
Thanks again guys for another perfect day!!

10 comments:

Jaysey said...

Great pictures! Those babies are just the cutest things. And I love that pic of Chap (you're right the one on your phone is even better, though). I think you should frame that one.

PS: I'm sure I was the only one who answered because I was the only one superstitious enough to still be awake with fire! Do me a favor, and have your kids in the middle of the day, huh? (Or maybe by then they'll start selling flameless anointed and blessed candles...) ;-)

Chap and Heather said...

Jenn,

I think it was the sweetest thing I've heard of!! I know Daniel and Krissee appreciate it too =) On my way to Columbia tonight I teared up thinking about that...you are a good friend!

The Morgans said...

WOW! What an awesome picture of Chap, first the suit and now this really cute picture, what a great uncle! I can't wait until he becomes a dad and to see him with his own kids! The Daybies are beautiful!!!! I am super jealous you got a whole day with them.

Doug & Stef said...

that picture of chap is too much! when I came home from the hospital, my mom had pulled pork in the crock pot and nothing could have been better! so i'm sure the steak was yummy!

Anonymous said...

LOve love the pics of Chap!! What a proud little uncle and what a wonderful daddy he will be some day! The "Daybies" :) are just beautiful & perfect!

Susie said...

Chap and Heather, I am enjoying all the reading and have been trying to figure all this blogging out but think I finally got it together, Love and Kisses, Aunt Susie

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

yea, that steak dinner looks pretty fantastic! i don't know where daniel got the energy for that!

Chap and Heather said...

Hey Aunt Susie!! You are the coolest and hippest for having your own blog...way to go!! I can't wait to hear more from you...we miss you and the cruise memories!! =(

Love you, Opa! =)

Anonymous said...

Am a little late in leaving this (as usual), but Smith and Addison are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for both of you, Krissee and Daniel!! Heather, you and Chap both look so natural holding those babies!!! You know I can't wait!! ATWTTMAB!!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, don't ask me how I became "Anonmymous" on this blog! Am having a hard time posting it - that's me!!!