The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, August 1, 2008

Finally!!!


I apologize in advance for the randomness and writing, but I'm going to do my best to share some of the joy since I know there are many of you that had the Day's in your thoughts and prayers all night...they are finally here!! (without giving too much away, I will be sure to save the best for dad to post =) Krissee was absolutely amazing, and as most of you know by now, was able to push those sweet angels out after a very LONG two days!
Here we are at about 1:00 pm Thursday afternoon. What a GREAT surprise it was to be able to hang out with Krissee while she was having contractions (for hours!) Even though there was some serious pain she endured, we shared lots of laughs. I will forever be grateful for the time we shared, thank you Krissee and Daniel for sharing the memories!
Uncle Chap arrived shortly after, 'dressed to impress'. He wore his suit and tie in honor of Smith and Addison. This was very touching for me because this is what my grandfather, (Sho Sho) did when his grandchildren came home from the hospital.
After about eight hours of contraction with little action, the excitement began to wear off...and exhaustion began to set in =)

While some slept, some were WAY to eager to meet Smith and Addison! After Krissee was wheeled into the OR (waving to the crowd as she left) at around 12:30 a.m. Keesha, Ame, Marilyn, and myself got busted for 'lurking' around the hospital. We tried every way possible to get a glimpse or clue of how the babies were doing!! No luck though...they had that place on lock down!

After several hours of MORE waiting, we were really strugglin'! We decided to find some wheel chairs to entertain ourselves...I didn't get a photo of our 'Days of Thunder' wheel chair race that me and Keesha re-enacted...but they were special =)

Finally, at around 2:45 a.m. Nurse Stephanie came out to inform us that the babies had arrived, and everyone was doing GREAT! Wow!! Relief, gratefulness, excitement, and exhaustion...just a few of the emotions everyone was feeling!

What an amazing moment when a VERY proud dad walked out with his beautiful children. It was straight out of the best baby movie I've EVER seen! (I'm trying not to show close up pics of Smith and Addison because I know daddy will be sharing those soon!!)


So, after an amazingly wonderful night, Chap and I hurried back to Rock Hill around 4:00 a.m. so that we could make it to work (yuck!)...with no sleep I am having to remind my self every minute to be patient with the twenty kids I have in my summer Challenger class today...I think I'm still floating on cloud nine though, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing! I already miss those babies so much though and I can't wait to watch Krissee and Daniel in action. They've already proved their love for these children, Smith and Addison are very lucky to have such amazing parents!!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Heather,
I love your post about the babies! How SUPER SPECIAL that you and Chap were there for all of the excitement! I have cried and cried reading your blog. Daniel looks so proud and happy holding Smith and Addison! Thanks so much for sharing and tell Chap that he is the best uncle for dressing up to meet his niece and nephew. So sweet!
Hope to catch up with you soon!
Ashley (Holmes) :-)

The Morgans said...

Oh my gosh! You did an awesome job with this post. I have cried the entire time. I had an ugly face cry when I read about Chap in the suit!!!! That is so sweet!! What a good man!!! I really wish I could have been there for the Days of Thunder re-enactment, I am sure that was awesome!!! Daniel looks like such a proud poppa!!! I am so happy for them. Way to go Aunt Heather!!!

Jaysey said...

Great post!
Also, thank you for all the text updates. I was checking in all night!

Colly said...

This is a wonderful post!! I love all the pics!!! That is so dang cute and sweet of Chap to dress up I could just die. Love it. The pic of you two waiting is hilarious. And of course the one of Daniel is adorable!! I wish someone had chronicled my baby life like this, my parents must have got bored with it after my brother, I have like 5 baby pics of myself that I know of. ha! Anyway, thanks for sharing the fun. I bet Hospital staff everywhere really hate the writers of Days of Thunder....even though I fell victim to it's lure as a once employee myself!!! I know you're tired, hang in there today, and congratulations!!!

Jaysey said...

FYI: I ahve finished my very special poem about this very special event. ;-)

http://singlejenn.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!28039C2A43EE6C61!8700.entry

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats to everyone! Krisee is quite the trooper! What a long day for the poor girl. :( But it is all worth it to have those two seet babies to hold and to call her own. I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it. How wonderful that you got to be there with her through it all. And I love that Chap dressed up...how sweet is that! You two will be the best aunt & uncle!

Matt and Dionne said...

Congratulations to everyone! What a wonderful time for your family! I LOVE how Chap wore a suit! That is seriously the cutest thing ever - well, aside from those new little angels:)

Doug & Stef said...

Oh my goodness, what a great story. I teared up a little, just because I know how special that is! Healthy babies are truly miracles and to have two healthy ones, they are so blessed! You did a fantastic job telling that whole story heather! luv you enjoy...i cannot WAIT to be an aunt to twins now hehehe

Cookie and Poppy said...

We love the post! You really captured some of the highlights of the support team. The funny thing was, we pretty much had the waiting room to ourselves, and when we found the wheelchairs, we saw very little staff and they ignored us. Maybe we scared them??
P.S. I have already been told to go buy Larry some socks. (not by him, he could care less)

Jaysey said...

Shout out to you on blog today:
http://singlejenn.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!28039C2A43EE6C61!8716.entry