The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, January 29, 2010

Back To School...

Holy cow, I can’t believe this is my last week home with my little guy! When I look back on the past 11 ½ weeks I’ve spent as a new mom I smile on the inside. It’s been a hell of a ride, but one that I will cherish forever! Even though there were many moments of tears and frustration, I am thankful for every day, every moment, and everything that I’ve learned about myself and my son. And while I’m really looking forward to seeing my sweet little class and wonderful teacher friends, a small part of me is heartbroken for how much I will miss my little man.

Winn sent me flowers this week, thanks buddy! (and thanks to that daddy, I'm thinking he had something to do with it :)
This totally melted my heart.
Yea, don't let him fool you...feedings don't always go this smooth. :)
This is basically all we do these days...
I know it's going to be tough on Monday, but it does make it easier knowing he'll be in good hands!! (We can't wait to see you Aunt Krissee!!) I'm totally smitten with this little boy and enjoy every second I get to spend with him!! So the countdown begins...61 days till Spring Break!! :)

10 comments:

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love the post. I feel for you going back to school, but yes, we will do all we can to keep everyone happy.

Cookie and Poppy said...

I just noticed, did you get a new chair?

Chap and Heather said...

Marilyn~ just you being here will make us happy :) Nope, not a new chair...Gramps was just letting us sit there for a few minutes. We were in Greenville visiting! We need to plan a trip to H-Ville soon so we can celebrate birthdays!!

Matt and Dionne said...

I don't know how you working moms do it. I'm sure the transition will go smoothly. Good luck!

Matt and Dionne said...

And I mean that in a good way!=)

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

It sure does stink having to go back to work. I completely understand that!! But it does get easier over time. I'm so happy that things have been going so well since the surgery. It makes being a mommy so much easier when your baby isn't screaming all the time!

Anonymous said...

How sweet of Winn (and daddy) to send flowers... love it! I'm so sorry you have to leave your little man on Monday. :( I'm sure everything will go just fine and I'm sure he is in great hands and will be taken care of and loved while you are away. Going back to work will just make your time with him even more special, so in a way that is pretty neat. Besides, having some time away and being with other adults will, I'm sure, be nice for you too. I'm so so happy that he is feeling better!! He is serioulsy, so so adorable!!

Amber said...

good luck! It will be tough, but I know you can do it. You are such a strong woman!

Lydia said...

You have been missed at Rosewood! But please know that I know and all the moms at Rosewood know what you are feeling. It is not the best feeling at all so I do pray that the Lord will give you strength and a peace that only He can give. I will try to help you smile and laugh but know that it is ok to cry... that's what moms do --they miss their kids. It will always be this way and it should be :) Love you.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Instantly Search Movies, PC Games, Music, Applications & Download Them @ Blazing Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]