The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, October 8, 2010

Please Pause

Dear Life,
I am going to need you to slow down just a little bit. This past week, my baby boy started walking AND got his first little man hair cut. I am doing my very best to enjoy each and every moment, but sometimes feel like I can't soak it in fast enough. If you could do me a huge favor and just slow down? Or even pause for a little bit?? My heart would greatly appreciate it.

Love,
A Very Busy Mom of a Very Busy Boy

Gettin' his locks trimmed
October 4th
DonnaCole's with Ms. Nichole
(I know, I tried to hold out tilll the almighty "one year" mark, but with Uncle Norm's wedding next weekend...we figured pictures without a baby mullet might be a nice wedding gift.)
Not positive that we're fully in love with this idea...

But I'll probably smile and laugh regardless. Soooo much better!

And then, for the walking...
Mind you, the walking comes only TWO short weeks after the crawling initiated. I'm not 100% sure that was enough time for mommy to transition to "full mobility".

Ready or not, Mommy, here I go!!!


First steps: October 3, 2010
Walking to his mommy :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth?! And then you'll turn around and he'll be 4, in preschool and going on fieldtrips. *sigh* :( Enjoy every minute!!

Katherine said...

Heather, I say the same prayer every day :) I just want Savannah to stay under 1 year old forever--I can't believe in just 29 days we'll be celebrating her first year!!!

Krissee said...

Amen Sister.

I miss you guys so much and I cannot wait to see that sweet walking boy.

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's growing so fast! I love that you share all these great big moment pics, so we can all take part--no matter where we live! :)

Alisha said...

I love babies. It is truly one of the great tragedies of my life that the baby stage is SO SHORT. I am struggling with Max getting so big!

Winn is ADORABLE! (Buy you knew that)

Amber said...

what a cutie pie! he's getting too big too fast, for sure!!