The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Party Like a Superstar!

NOTE: This is one of three new posts, scroll down after this for more updates (if you aren't too sick of us by then.)

Nobody ever told me that my child’s birthday would be more fun than any Christmas I’ve ever known?? Such a special day with so many close friends and family that love our little boy and were there to celebrate his amazing first year of life! It was a BLAST! I’m sure he won’t remember much, so this post will have lots of details for him to read later…that I will remember always!

Of course the theme was pretty simple…what he loves the most, MUSIC! He and all his baby "Superstar" friends (and some adult) had some major jam sessions.
The music room, "Superstar Only".
I think he likes it :)
BFF Lee, lovin' the snacks!
Hattie Belle strikin' a sweet pose!
Lady friends and their mamas!!
Annalee gettin' into it!
Who says it was ALL for the "kids"?
A little birthday melody.
Some more "kids". Love this.
Cake time!!
uh oh, those damn rubber bands should be illegal!
He pulls through after the hat attack...barely.
Trying to give Gramps a bite.
Sweets are terrific, thanks mom!!
Snack attacks for everyone!
Presents!! He did pretty good with this, sat with me while we opened most of the presents. I think he wanted to read/eat the cards more than anything :)

We did have to take a small "breather" to get some fresh air and swing time. I think he got a littl overwhelmed with all the love and attention (believe it or not).
And back to the races for some more fun. This might have been the biggest hit, Gramps and Gigi got him his very own CAR! In case you aren't aware...cars are only his most favorite thing right now. I'm not sure who loved it more, me or him??
Gramps even wrote his name on the door, I guess the future siblings won't get confused with who this belongs to!
I have to include some of the decor. I had almost as much fun planning/prepping for this superstar shindig as I did at the actual event.
His 'Growing with Grover' banner, every month included! (yes, it's still hanging in our living room...but I promised Chap we can take it down next week when we decorate for Christmas!)


The party favors: 'Winston's Baby Birthday Jams' with guitar ornaments and sunglasses.

My sweet superstar giving mommy some thank you hugs, this melted my heart!
Thank you to all our wonerful friends and family that helped make this FIRST YEAR very special for our family. We had a LOT of love, support, and guidance throughout these last 12 months that has made us better parents and a stronger family. This day was a wonderful celebration for the "village" that has helped make this sweet boy who he is today! We love you all and are more than lucky to have you in our lives!!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Congrats on the first year! What an awesome party! I totally get what you're saying about thinking each day how everyone says to enjoy it because it goes so fast. I too think about that on a daily basis & as crazy as my life is, I never wish for it to move faster. I want to cherish & remember every little miracle of every day. You're a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your back! I missed your blog, too, my friend. Now keep it up. :) LOVE the birthday party! So cute...great job! Party planning is so fun, huh?! Lots of work, but well worth it in the end. I still can't believe he is one already. I look forward to watching him grow. He is such a cutie! I just wish we lived closer. :(

Katherine said...

so wish we could have been at this fun party! also wish we lived closer so Savannah and Winn could cruise around the neighborhood in their cars--how cute would that be :)

Amber said...

i told Krissee this weekend that I"m still so upset that i wasn't there. I was just sick about it, but I need to just get over it and move on. AND krissee told me that Winn and Smith ended up with running noses anyway! can't win for trying can we!! love you! I'll make it up to you and Winn!

High Cotton said...

Just thinking about you today... wasn't it this time last year that y'all ended up in the hospital?! So glad that's all part of the past and that you can celebrate the big 12 (months)!!!