The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tis the Season


Well, somehow the most wonderful time of the year has come...and gone...and this is my first post to share all the fun events we enjoyed prepping for the spcial day! At running the risk of sounding completely cliche, having a child does make the spirit of Christmas even more magical.

My sweet boys taking wagon trips.
Working on our Christmas carols with Uncle Norm and Daddy.
First time visiting 'ho ho ho' (what he says every time he sees a larger man in red).
Making Christmas cookies with my bff, Lee. And while mom was super excited about this event, poor guy didn't get to participate much (as I just didn't feel comfortable with him eating the raw dough.) Maybe next year.
Sweet little baby elves watching 'Rudolph'.
One of our favorite events, a PJ story telilng by Santa!! So much fun!
Sweet Santa even gave gifts AND took last minute orders.
Cutting down our Christmas tree! (Winn spotting Chap, you're doing good dad!)
My loves checking out their work.
He even got to play in/around the trees after the manly part was done. Boy, does this kid ever love a tree?!
We sure do love this Christmas tree farm. This was our 4th year getting our tree from this wonderful, family friendly place.
Enjoying some marshmellows after the big hunt. Trying his very best to choke himself :)

Last year during this time I was still recovering from my c-section and wasn't able to completely enjoy the festivities the way I normally would (thank God for my sis-in-law, Krissee, who helped me with everything!) This year, not only do I have an amazing husband to share the magic with, but I also have an energetic little man whose eyes light up at every Christmas tree, twinkling light, snowman, and holiday song. I always knew I loved Christmas, but even more now I love watching my child enjoy these special things just as much as I do! I don't have a picture of this, but my most favorite "prep day" we shared was making pumpkin rolls in the kitchen for about three hours, just the two of us. Dancing, stirring, and singing to Christmas songs for about three hours. I'll never forget it!

No comments: