The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweet 18!

Well, everyone kept promising that the 18 month mark would be amazing. I’m officially a believer! It’s crazy, the week he turned 18 months (last week) it seems like a light bulb went off, and each day it shines a little brighter. His words, interests, and movement develop each day. Even though I was warned, I am shocked with how much I’m in love and in aw of this age!!

Favorite sayings:
“Ight up down” – when we leave a room, he’s a constant reminder for mommy to turn off the lights. Tree hugger.
AHHHHH DUKES (puts up his fists/”dukes”
AHHHHH BEES!
AHHHHH Muscles
AHHHHH Strong (not sure if the “ahhh” is him trying to say “I” or if it’s him just yelling with excitement??)
Help please.
I clean up
Bye bye mommy
Bye bye Chap
Amen, YAY! (cheers after nighttime prayers and blessing the food...his teacher loves this).
Boom, Boom, Boom
I good boy.
Tickle you mommy.
Tick Tock Pease (read the book Hickory Dickory Dock, please)
Sings/dances to ‘Wheels on the Bus”
Sings ‘Old MacDonald on the Farm’. Every time that MacDonald has a “chick chick” on his farm that goes “bock bock”. Kind of the most boring farm ever.
(talking on the phone) Hi dada, ok, bye.


Milestones:
Pee pee in the potty!!
First school performance at School Days (way more on this later!)
Blows his bubbles by himself
Dunks his head under water
Climbs up and down the stairs using rail
Can go down the big slides at park with no assistance (I consider this a mommy milestone too, for the record).



Foods
Will try just about anything.
Loves grapes and oranges a lot.
Has to have blueberry pancakes every morning. Don’t even THINK about trying plain.
LOVES chicken (sings Old MacDonald to them as he eats them…kind of weird).
Turkey hot dogs
Chips (thanks Cookie & Gigi for promoting this!)

Current interests:
Chasing the wood dwelling bees on the front porch. I know it’s dangerous, but they don’t sting…and he laughs a lot at mom playing tennis with them.
Riding his bikes.
Driving his cars.
Choo choo trains.
School buses
Blowing bubbles



He amazes me every day. This age is wonderful, and I can’t WAIT to soak up every second of it this summer…10 days till summer break, 2011. It’s gonna be a good one!!

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Winston was at our house last weekend and I saw a Huge difference, too. A little different from things Mommy has noticed, but Gigi sure did notice them! Like chasing Gigi around the house to tickle her then grabbing hold of my legs and hugging me; a favorite game of ours is the "dukes" game. If I haven't said it in a while he will say it to me. Sword fighting with our cheese curls (I don't remember chips)! Willing to give many more kisses than he used to. He really got me when he came in to "wake" me up Sun. Morning by tickling me and he all of a sudden gave me this big old kiss on the cheek all by himself! Gigi
fell in love all over again. He did say so many more words than I was used to and was so aware or everything around
him. Mommy notices so much more than I do because she
is around him every day, but he was definitely a different
child last weekend, and let me tell you I loved EVERY
MINUTE of it! I feel like I've missed a lot of Winston's life this year, so I cherish EVERY MINUTE of the time i get to spend with him. I love you, Winston! Love, Gigi

Cookie and Poppy said...

I'm with Gigi. More and more words, started to bite me when giving me a kiss, then laughed. Coming in to the bathroom, and grabbing me around the knees (not really convenient, Winn). We watched a couple of shows that Smith and Addison like, Fresh Beat Band was a hit as long as they had music, and Mickey Mouse but not as much. He will go wherever the music is. I got many more kisses and I think he knows it's good to ask me for stuff (apple juice, mostly), he knows I'll come through for him. I love our little Winn, and he will also tell you his name is Winston. He is definitely BRILLIANT!

Amber said...

awesome! can't wait to see him soon!

Tonya * said...

Hi Heather! Its been a while since I have done any blog stalking. I have to say that Winn is a very handsome little man. They do grow up so fast and I cant believe we are a month away from having a 18 mo old as well. I hope to get our blog updated and stay on top of it one of these days.