The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Bunny vs. The Santa


My brother and I often talk about our “Best Christmas Ever”. It was when I was around 9 he was 5 and we lived in Collierville, Tennessee. My grandparents (Tutu and Shosho) came that Christmas and we ended up getting the new puppy that we’d been BEGGING for (Bandy, a shitzu) AND a new trampoline. We had some wonderful memories, which I’ll never forget!

Since becoming a mom I’ve always hoped and wondered how I could make my children’s holiday memories as special as that Christmas was for us. Last weekend, my parents, yet again, helped create a very happy Easter for our little boy…that quite possibly has taken the cake as my BEST Easter ever!

Even though he was sick with croup and a double ear infection (can you believe it…our child sick on a holiday?? ;) we managed to enjoy dying/coloring/stickering/hunting Easter eggs, playing with ALL our new toys like a big wheel, golf club (like a for real one), suite case, tickle-me-Elmo, regular Elmo, Easter baskets galore, and a new peach tree. I’m fairly certain this child is going to have a HUGE identity crisis with the Bunny and the Santa. While the pics are a little out of order, I'm sure you get the idea...



Gramps and Dad helping Winn find ALL the eggs (and only ONE piece of dog poo!)


Where's the bunny??
Playing "baseball" with his new golf club.
Hmmm...come here you little bunny, you've been too good to me!

Getting some pointers from Uncle Norm. I know, I know...he's better off getting pointers from the bunny.... ;) I told ya, I'm sick people!
The ice cream makes me feel soooo much better!!
My new rolly suitcase from Gigi (can't see this thing, but it's amazing. It's the Melissa and Doug suitcase that doubles as an animal kids can ride. Has a saddle bag and everything. Super cute, and multi-purposeful!)
Playing with my new big wheel...mostly the wheels.

Weeeeee!!! Lovin' that Uncle Norm!!!
That's about it...but here's a picture of my sweet boy and his Easter picture. He loved the bunnies...and their ears. I'd even venture to say, he might enjoy these guys a little more than Santa :)
Thanks again, Gigi & Gramps, Normie & Amanda, for making it a very special Easter weekend for us. I'm positive that we wouldn't have been able to provide that much fun and entertainment for our little love bunny here at the house. I'm not certain he'll remember how wonderful this holiday was, but I am certain that his mommy will!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Love the pics!

Anonymous said...

It seems that everything is more fun when you have kids... especially hollidays! So happy Winn {and you} had a wonderful Easter. He sure is a cutie!!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love all the pictures! My boy is so great (both of them). I'm so sorry Winn was sick. I think maybe he misses his Cookie!

Katherine said...

Love his little Easter outfit! The Bunny definitely beats out Santa over here, too. Savannah still looks for that big bunny every time we go to the mall. So glad you all had a wonderful holiday.

roxanne said...

I think Dad said at Chistmas that it was the kids that made the holidays beautiful, not the other way around...and that's exactly right! Even with our grown children we've tried to make every holiday special, but having a child back in your life again definitely makes them even more special! It's so much fun to see the joy and awe on their faces. Winston was sick, the poor sweetheart, but he was a real trooper! And we thank all of our kids for being here and making it a magical Easter for us! You all will never realize we had more fun than you did!!! The pictures are beautiful, and so is our family! We love you all!!! Mom and Dad