The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Early Mother's Day Wish!

Happy Mother’s Day to ALL the MOMs out there, and especially to ‘my mothers’ that have impacted me so greatly (Mom, Marilyn, Tutu, Auntie Anne, Granny Coy):

Thank you for helping me create a wonderful vision of what being a mother truly means. Wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful day full of love! You are greatly appreciated, admired, respected, and loved for all that you do, thank you!
~Heather

My beautiful moms: Roxanne & Marilyn

My grandma, Tutu (Eva): Who I admire and love more than she'll ever know!

A Heart Just Like Mom

I May not pray as often as I should, but when I do, this is all I ask of you.

God please give me a heart just like hers
She loves unconditionally, no matter what, no matter who.

God give me courage to be like her
She's very brave, she makes me unafraid.

God give me wisdom just like hers
She knows everything, big and small, she's there to help through it all.

God give me strength just like hers
She's been knocked down, yet she stands strong for another round.

God give me beauty just like hers
When she smiles it gives me that feeling that everything will be okay, and all my problems disappear for awhile....

God give me generosity just like hers
She helps the helpless, she never thinks of herself and she's so un-selfish....

God- someday, if I'm at least half the mom she was to me, I'll know that you were listening on the day that I prayed.

contributed by: Stephanie Moore

9 comments:

Jaysey said...

Yeah--right around the corner from Gary--over by where the bridge is out, I think...Gary's at Spring Crossing.

Jaysey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaysey said...

cute photos, btw.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

ok, maybe i'm in an emtional state right now, but that just made me cry a little!

how sweet! i'm sending that to my mom!

Anonymous said...

Loved this poem...made me cry. What a great tribute to your mom, mom-in-law & G-ma! You will be a great mom yourself one day!!

Cookie and Poppy said...

Heather,

I am so touched. You are a wonderful daughter, and I thank you for loving my son. We am so blessed that you are part of our family. Also, I will pass this on to Granny Coy. You know she really loves you. I love the photos!

What did we ever do without you??? Oh, we had leftover macaroni and cheese, but not anymore!!!!

Love,
Marilyn

Matt and Dionne said...

That was really sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Matt and Dionne said...

Hey Heather! I hope you are having a fantastic week!
My mother-in-law, Colette, left you a message on my blog in the comments for my latest post.

Chap and Heather said...

Hey Dionne~

Thank you for letting me know!! That is so sweet, please tell her I said hello! She is so much fun, you have a great mother-in-law!! =) Where is her blog?? I bet her and Kevin would have some funny posts!! ;)