The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring is in the Air


Spring is one of my favorite seasons...ok, actually I think they are all pretty fantastic for the following reasons: summer = no school, fall = footbal, and winter = snow...hopefully!! This year, however, we had some new spring fun that I will add to my list of favorite spring activities! Our friends Erica and Justin recently moved into their new house (hooray!!) so they had the first annual 'Spring Fling' on Saturday. Yes, we did wear hats, dresses, and ties (all my favorite things!)

Give him 'Tiger Growl' Krissee!

The happy new homeowners =)
The Goodner Girls making Barry's Father's Day card =)

When we got home Saturday night, Daniel had two very sweet cards waiting for Krissee on her bed. One was from their dogs (Bailey and Alley) while the other was from their unborn twins (Smith and Addison). How sweet was that?! Good job 'Donald Doy'!





The next day my family came to Rock Hill to visit and have Mother's Day lunch. We had a great time and luckily the spring showers held out long enough for us to grill out in honor of Foxy Roxy!

This pretty much sums up how the Gourley's feel about spring (actually this thumbs up could have been b/c food was ready...)

We had a great weekend and look forward to celebrating the rest of the Spring season!!

Chap and I are truly grateful for the wonderful friends and families we have. You have all been wonderful this week and we appreciate all the support you've given us through the challenges =)

12 comments:

Jaysey said...

Heard you played croquet, too--where are the action photos? ;-)

Anonymous said...

What can I say, I'm awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh those were food times! I look huge though...oh well I guess I'll just have to get over it b/c I'm only going to get bigger!

We love you guys! I couldn't ask for a more wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I meant to type good times not food times...Can you tell I'm hungry?

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Spring fling was awesome! i only wish we could've stayed longer. i did have to stop at Thursday's on the way home for a chicken & swiss (thanks Krissee).

anyway, we love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun "spring fling!" Love the hats! :) Everyone looked so nice.

Anonymous said...

The "tiger" was hilarious! Thanks to Daniel for the direction! It looks like Foxy Roxy had an awesome Mother's Day and I am sure the kabob's were fabulous! Spring Fling WooHoo!! Love you, B

Matt and Dionne said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun!!
I do have great inlaws! They are so much fun to have around! They don't have a blog because we had a family website that we all posted stuff on and left messages for eachother and stuff. Plus, I think they like us doing all the computer work:)

Doug & Stef said...

Spring and fall are my favorite but that's because I live in extreme heat and extreme cold yucky. Oh how fun and southern with those AWESOME hats!

Cookie and Poppy said...

Foxy Roxy is looking good! And that's some good looking kabobs Big Norm and Chap are making.
Heather, your pictures are awesome, I am enjoying your blog so much.

Gigi and gramps said...

Heather and Chap, it takes me a a while to get on the blog!!! So sorry!!! The Spring Fling pictures were beautiful. You all looked great!! And Krissee looked beautiful in her picture!!!!

Thank you so much for the very sweet things you said about your family. We had SO MUCH FUN on Mother's Day,and your dinner was Delicious!!

As anyone who knows me knows, Mother's Day is my favorite day of the year, because Heather and Normie are the greatest things that have ever happened to me in my life. I am so lucky to be their mother!! I could go on and on about those two kids, but I won't right now!!!

Marilyn, thanks for the compliment. You look great, too!!!

Sorry blog is so long. But you know me!!!

Jaysey said...

Tag! You're it.
http://singlejenn.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!28039C2A43EE6C61!7957.entry