The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sugar Trip

My sweet hubby planned a little vacay for us this weekend to go skiing at Sugar Mountain. He did such a great job I might let him take over some of the planning in the future =) It’s kind of funny, he actually got on line and found the cheapest place possible ( this is what we usually do since we don’t really spend much time at the place except to sleep). Well, what we thought was a hotel turned out to be an adorable little bungalow! We got pretty lucky with the weather, it snowed almost the whole time we were there creating decent snow conditions (what Chap often refers to as ‘fresh POW’). All in all, it was a successful trip. No major wipeouts or disasters (unless you count the bowl of incredibly hot chili I decided to douse on myself while eating at the lodge).

Hey dad, guess what lift was open?? The last two Christmases my parents have rented this ski in/ski out condo for our family trips...the last two Christmases 'Big Red' has been closed due to snow conditions, which means no ski/in ski out...Chap and I laughed when we saw it open, this one's for you dad! Maybe we'll have better luck next year??
Lots of snow = lots of cold! I kept the toe and hand warmers in business this weekend.

Our little lucky bungalow...only the bottom floor was ours of course. Did I mention it was the cheapest place on the mountain??

Thanks for a much needed little trip, Chap! As always, I had so much fun with you!

11 comments:

Jaysey said...

I wish someone would plan a little vacay for me.

Yeah, Celeste's Weston.

The Thalinger Clan said...

SO much fun! Glad you guys had a great time!

Doug & Stef said...

I bet it was so fun to get away! I need a vacation too - but not to snow - away from it!

Courtney Heinlein said...

I'm so jealous!!! I need a vaca! Chap is too sweet! It looks like you guys had a really great time:)

The Morgans said...

Sooooo jealous! I want to go skiing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Chap! Love the cute little bungalow y'all stayed in. Looks like y'all had a great time... too cold for me though. I'm such a whimp when it comes to the cold. :)

Jaysey said...

Psst...shout out, Chap (sort of).

Matt and Dionne said...

What a fun weekend! I try not to be the jealous type but sometimes I just can't seem to help it! Matt and I get to wait until our 40's to have weekends like that:( Somebody please remind me why we started having kids so young??? Oh yeah, they are so stinkin' cute and I just love them so much:) A pretty decent trade-off after all;)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fantastic trip!! The bungalow looks great and so romantic. Chap gets major points! I'm a tad jealous too b/c I could definitely use a vacay! Maybe one year we can actually go with you guys!

Colly said...

How sweet and fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course, a little late in writing. It looks like you and Chap had a great time skiing. And your bungalow is DARLINHG!! I'll make sure Dad reads about Big Red! I'm sure he'll have a couple of comments about it!!