The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Saturday, February 14, 2009

An Overdue Update...

Well, I have no excuses for my absence to blogging…except for Facebook, does that count?? Seriously, I think they should make you sign a policy notice of some sort when you join stating: ‘Please be aware, you will waste countless hours sitting on the couch if you choose to join and your husband will probably get mad at you at least three times a day for thinking this is more important than him…dinner…movies….etc.

Needless to say, not a whole heck of a lot is going on with us these days (again, this could be in part due to my new membership with FB). By far, the most exciting news is that our friends Matt and Mimi have been blessed with their beautiful baby boy, Lee (Andrew Lee Goodner). He is such a beautiful little boy, and his mom was nothing short of amazing throughout this pregnancy process. Lee was born Monday, February 9th with mom having NO epidural! The Smith’s and I went to visit her that afternoon and her little mommy self was up walking around, playing hospital hostess, and carrying on as if she didn’t push a 7lb 7oz baby out only a few hours earlier. It’s so amazing watching your friends become parents. It’s like meeting a whole new side of people you already thought were terrific! Matt was literally smiling ear to ear throughout our entire visit, and Mimi looked like she had been a mom for years already. We’ve decided it’s probably not best for us that Mimi went first; she’s definitely going to make us all look a little wimpy! =)


As for us, not too much to report. I’m still truckin’ it through this Master’s program and unfortunately I don’t get credit for any of the facebooking I’ve been doing=) My fourth graders are great, with only a few exceptions of course =) It’s getting close to that time of year when the class feels like an extended family. Everyone knows and understands eachother in a way that only develops with time. Its right about now, actually, that I worry my class could totally function without me. Unfortunately, I will get way too used to this feeling and then in a couple of months will get an entire new batch to start over with from scratch =)

Chap is working hard (woo hoo for a job still!) and is getting ever so close to finishing his PLS degree! I am so proud of him for all his hard work to reach his goal! There were several months when his full time job, part time student thing got a little hairy. But he stayed positive and determined and I couldn’t be more proud of him for this! He’s also been working really hard, with some help from Mike, Matt, and Justin, on building our new cabinets in our living to fit his new toy…the television. He’s taken some before pics, so I’m sure once the project is finally finished we’ll have those with the after pics to share =)

Brodey has adjusted quite nicely to indoor doggie style. I get the feeling that he thinks he’s a little ‘above’ being an outdoor dog now. He wants to be wherever we are, and it’s quite humorous if one of us is downstairs and the other is upstairs. He tries to split his time evenly, running back and forth to see us both. But you can see in his eyes he’s wondering ‘why can’t you guys just be in one room??’ It’s pretty funny. I took this picture last night when Chap decided to pick a fight with Brodey, which he does from time to time. He thinks Brodey wants to be held for some reason, and is relentless in his quest to pick him up! This usually ends with growling, wrestling, and lots of laughs. You’d think Chap would get the hint when Brodey plants all 115 of his pounds in the ground and head butts him??

All 8 in the air

Ok, after all this writing I see why I might need to post a little more frequently!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine’s Day with their loved ones!! My Valentine has already made me breakfast in bed and now it’s time for me to get ready for our date. =) Love to all my special little Valentines…especially Carter, Smith, Addison, and Baby Lee! xoxo's to you all!!!


15 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

awww...what a beautiful baby boy! Breakfast in bed sounds like a great treat! I hope you and chappy have a wonderful valentines day!

Jaysey said...

You really do need to post more often...sheesh. Bordey def. looks like he's lovin' the indoor doggie life. My two follow me all around the house. It'll make you seriously consider that #2 dog! It's even harder when TWO of them want to occupy the exact same space as you.

When you think your class can function without you, you know you've done your job right.

Yay for Chap!

Can't wait to see pics of new cabinets and TV!

Enjoy your date.

Doug & Stef said...

Busy busy! I can't believe she was up and around after giving birth. I couldn't even move. Tough lady :)

facebook is addicting even if you don't do anything on it!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your back! I thought I had lost you forever to facebook. :) I don't know what you are talking about that there was nothing exciting going on in your life to blog about... I was thoroughly enteratined while reading this. :) Hope you and Chap had a great V-day!!

Anonymous said...

I think I just screwed up my last try. Was trying to shorten my message. Anyway, I was saying OMG I can't believe it's been this long since I've been on my computer,but you know me! Anyway, Andrew is a beautiful baby! I must have been a real weenie when it came to natural child birth! It KILLED me! Of course, my two little darlings just took their little sweet time being born!!

And little Andrew is a doll! Can't believe all the projects Chap has made. And you all, my pillow was so beautiful!! Of course, I cried big time when Heath gave it to me!! I'm so proud of both her and Chap. Where DO you get the time?

Anonymous said...

I think I just screwed up my last try. Was trying to shorten my message. Anyway, I was saying OMG I can't believe it's been this long since I've been on my computer,but you know me! Anyway, Andrew is a beautiful baby! I must have been a real weenie when it came to natural child birth! It KILLED me! Of course, my two little darlings just took their little sweet time being born!!

And little Andrew is a doll! Can't believe all the projects Chap has made. And you all, my pillow was so beautiful!! Of course, I cried big time when Heath gave it to me!! I'm so proud of both her and Chap. Where DO you get the time?

Anonymous said...

THIS IS EMBARRASSING!! NEVER MIND THE SECOND POST!!!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS EMBARRASSING!! NEVER MIND THE SECOND POST!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I'M LAUGHING OUT LOUD RIGHT NOW AT MY STUPIDITY!! SORRY YOUR FRIENDS ARE FINDING OUT WHAT A TOTLE IDIOT YOUR MOTHER IS!!

Chap and Heather said...

Amber~ We did, thank you!! I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Jenn~ I never thought about 2 dogs doing that...something to consider next time Chap mentions 'Great Dane'!!

Jamie & Stef~ FB is addictive...but you haven't lost me yet =) While I love the FB, I really enjoy the stories and more intimate relationships in the blog world =)

MOM~ YOU CRACK ME UP! haha, you are just silly =) I think it's time for another tutorial next time I come home =)Love you!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

The baby is so cute! Mimi was a champ with no epidureal. That will definitly not be me. Brodey does look so happy and excited being and inside dog. Hope you and Chap had a wonderful Valentines day!

Matt and Dionne said...

Seriously...WooHoo for husbands still having jobs in this economy! We are definitely blessed!

Your Facebook confession made me laugh:) It is addicting isn't it?!

Can't wait for more pics!

Colly said...

"....There are long periods of time when I'm just asleep...for hours...it's ridiculous." That's how I also feel about FB. ;-)
Cute pics of dog wrestling and fountain love!! :-)

MIMI ROCKS!

Krissee said...

I'm glad you updated! I've been missing you. I like the new look too.

Marissa said...

i love your facebook disclosure..so true!!