The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tagged: My Firsts

I was tagged by Dionne...so here it goes!

1. Who was your FIRST prom date?..................We only had one prom (senior year) so that would be Steve Jensen (Dionne, you know that guy…right?=)
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love?...............Sure, I communicate with everyone via world wide web!
3. What was your 1st alcoholic drink?................................When I was looking through baby pics for our wedding slide show, I actually found one of my dad giving me my first sip of Coors Lt when I was NOT even 1 year old. Thanks Dad!
4. What was your FIRST job?...................................Lifeguard
5. What was your FIRST car?..................................It was a gray Ford TURBO Taurus (don’t be jealous)
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today?...................Chap…he works outside =)
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning?...........I had a dream about meeting my baby for the first time, so I woke up thinking about that (fyi: in my dream, my baby was born a toddler…kind of scary!)
8. Who was your FIRST grade teacher?..................Mrs. Malone, but I can’t remember what state I lived in?? Maybe Rhode Island?
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane?........My dad and I went to visit my great grandmother in California for her 90th birthday party. That was a HUGE deal! I think the year before that though we flew out to Colorado to go skiing…I was maybe 8ish??
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk?........My very first best friend was Rachel Bick in Rhode Island. I actually have talked to her recently, and my mom and her mom have kept up through e-mail.
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over?......Pretty sure we used to sleep outside on our trampoline all the time. Other than that, I can’t remember??
12. Who was the FIRST person you talked to today?...........Chap…he called me b/c he heard there was a wreck on Twin Lakes Rd. He wanted to make sure I didn’t cause it =)
13. Whose wedding were you in for the FIRST time?..............My best friend, Amber Rankin. I was her MOH =)
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning?..........Turned on the TV to watch the weather forecast. I love the weather.
15. FIRST tattoo?......................................................Nope, not for me.
16. First piercing?...................................................... I actually got my ears pierced when I was VERY young b/c my friend cut my hair with the safety scissors causing me to look like a little boy…so Roxanne had to get the ears pierced to help people decipher my gender at age 5.
17. First foreign country you've been to?.....................Mexico
18. FIRST movie you remember seeing?.................Wizard of Oz. Still my favorite!
19. When was your FIRST detention?.............................Middle school, some friends of mine were trying to ‘skip’ school. Well, I chickened out at the last minute and just stood there watching them run. Well, the teachers came running out and of course I’m still standing there…stuck. So, I got to sit in detention the rest of the day while my friends were having fun NOT in detention =)20. What was the first state you lived in?........................Missouri

I tag: Amber, Krissee, Jenn, Stef, Courtney, and Brittany

10 comments:

Cookie and Poppy said...

Heather, I loved reading this. I'm glad you remembered so much! I loved the one about your friend cutting your hair, but I'm sure my BFF freaked at the time. Love you!

Tonya * said...

Hi Heather! Thank you for sharing your blog with us. Reading other people's blogs has become an addiction of mine (lol) and I have enjoyed reading about you guys. And by the way, I hope #7 comes true soon for you. It is such a wonderful blessing. Take care and God Bless, Tonya

Chap and Heather said...

Marilyn~
I've never shared the hair trauma with you? Oh, I've got plenty more where those came from!

Tonya~
I feel your pain with the blog addiction...I LOVE reading about other people's lives! Such a fun way to keep in touch with friends and to make some new ones! =)

Doug & Stef said...

So I may not have made this post directly, but I certainly did indirectly - I was totally your other prom date remember? I have a picture of you goosing me and my shoulders hunched trying not to laugh! That was a fun post haha!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Oh, such fun memories in the ole' Turbo Taurus!! :) Loved that car!! I know we had a name for it, but I can't remember it???

Jaysey said...

Ok, I did it, too. ;-)

Jaysey said...

FYI: it was not easy...you must have super memory.

The Morgans said...

Thanks so much for the tag! I have never been tagged! How funny, my first car was a Ford Taurus too! It was not a turbo and I feel as though I got the shaft.

By the way, you have an amazing memory. I could not remember some of that stuff. Impressive!!!

Matt and Dionne said...

Of course I know that guy! I married Jamie's first prom date who just so happens to be his older brother;) This makes me want to go digging for old pictures=)

Anonymous said...

That was interesting stuff. It brought back some good memories! I didn't know that Colorado and New Hampshire were the same thing. Oh well. jk