The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Graduates...Again

This post makes me VERY happy!! Chap has been working so hard, ever since we got married three years ago, to earn his second degree…of PLS (Survey Degree). He’s been doing all this while working full time for an engineer firm in Charlotte. Needless to say these first three years, we’ve seen very little of each other during the week. He usually doesn’t get home from class till 9:00 pm most nights, just in time for me to feed him and us to go to bed!! I am thrilled to finally be able to enjoy my husband now a little more during the week…and maybe have some mac & cheese waiting on me when I get home from Challenger?? =)


Last weekend we had a little graduation celebration for him and Justin, a great friend of ours who also graduated with an architect degree. I think he might have picked the wrong major…he’s quite crafty, as you can see, with the Photoshop. Maybe a little side business is in his future?? If not graphic design, then maybe a hobby in karate??








Aren't those hilarious?? They had a little photoshoot over at the Smith's the night before the party and Justin had these displayed at the entrance on Friday...they were a hit!


This was the wives trying to get husbands to cut the cake 'bride and groom' style. They didn't love this idea so much.


Congrats guys, I'm so proud of you!!

8 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow - those first 4 pictures are AWESOME and make me really sad that we missed it! Good Job Justin!

The Morgans said...

Yeah for the Graduates!!! I know you are glad that is over! Smitty is just so clever!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chap!! And yay for you for getting to see him more now... that will especially be nice when the baby comes. :)
I saw on your little baby ticker thing that you are 13 weeks! Wohoo! And welcome to your 2nd trimester. :) Pictures please... or do you not even have a belly yet??

Colly said...

Great Party! Thanks to all!!
I think one day your kid is really going to enjoy that keepsake of Dad in the last photo. =0)

Jaysey said...

Hooray, Chap! Does this mean he'll start bringing in the big bucks now? ;-) Seriously, (borrowing from our graduation speeches) get out there and buy some $5 footlongs and stimulate the economy some more.

Matt and Dionne said...

Congrats!!! That is so wonderful! I am so happy for you guys! Those pics are great!!!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

congrats you guys! those pics are awesome!! I really hate we missed the party!

And Heather, I think you definitely deserve a little mac and cheese waiting on you. :)

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

Yay Grads!! Those were some pretty funny pics. Love the cake cutting!