The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Gift from Gramps & Update

So the baby got its first gift from Gramps this week! My dad, the ever loving Harley man, sent Baby Rollings some lovely Harley bibs this week in the mail. Chap and I loved opening the package from ‘Gramps and Gigi’ that was addressed to ‘Little Spit’ (thank you Normie for that name =). When I called to thank my dad for the bibs, he said, “Well, even though mom told me I had to wait to buy things for the baby till closer to the due date, I went ahead and got them anyway.” Ha! If you saw my earlier post regarding mine and my mom’s shopping spree, you’d understand why that one’s funny! Thank you Gramps, we LOVED getting something in the mail from you for the baby, very exciting!


UPDATE:

We had a doctor’s appointment this week, good news: we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the first time! We had seen the heartbeat, but actually hearing it was pretty amazing. My sister-in-law, Krissee, gave us her Doppler device to use so every day since the doctor’s appointment I’ve been rushing home from school to listen to my baby’s heartbeat! It’s my new favorite thing to do!! It ranges between 170-180 bph which is pretty fast I’ve learned.

Not so good news; I’ve already gained 12 lbs. and I’m not even out of my first trimester yet!! I almost panicked when I saw the scale at the doctor’s office…NOT used to seeing numbers in THAT range, but the nurse assured me it was accurate. I guess that’s what I get for eating almost every second of the day. =)

I haven’t been sick really, but I think that’s only because of my overeating habit to compensate for the nausea. I get pretty sleepy in the afternoon’s…but my fourth graders don’t let that effect our days =) I’m still working out almost every day, just not as much running as I’m used to. I’m thanking my lucky stars for how well things have been going so far, and hopeful it continues... minus the speedy weight gain of course.

15 comments:

The Thalinger Clan said...

LOVE the bibs! Don't worry about the weight gain, I did the exact same thing my first trimester and then it gradually increased from there. ENJOY eating because it's not often you can eat anything you want and you will lose it quick! I bet you look adorable, can't wait to see some belly pics. I love belly bumps!

rox and norm said...

Great shot of the bibs, guys! Gramps was so excited when he showed them to me!! Don't worry, Punkin, eat everything you can and enjoy! That weight will fall off quickly after the baby is born!! And fantastic shots of Dave and the boys! Normie has been on Cloud 9 since. And the picture of the lyrics that Dave signed brought tears to my eyes. Glad you all enjoyed!!

rox and norm said...

Punkin, thanks for the kind words! Can't wait to take Spit for a Harley ride! I'm working on a Harley car seat now, complete with helmet!!

Love, Gramps

P.S. Sounds like you all had a great time with Dave!! Keep the Ants Marching!

Marissa said...

awww i bet your parents are so excited..this little baby is going to get so much attention..the only bad thing is you become nonexistent..its all about the baby:) i think some ppl gain in the beginning and some in the end..it will all go away :)

Anonymous said...

I am loving the bibs! :) This little one is going to be one spoiled baby... as it should be! :)
About the weight gain... I did the same thing in the begining. I think b/c I just kept eating so that I wouldn't feel sick and just eating whatever sounded good. It then just start evening out and I didn't gain the weight so rapidly. I was nervous about all the weight gain my first pregnancy too, but it serioulsy just fell off... and I gained 50 lbs with the twins. I think if you are active before getting pregnant (which you were too) that helps a great deal. Try not to worry too much about it (I know it's hard though) b/c it's the ONE time in your life when you have an excuse to eat what sounds good. :)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

awww..how sweet of Gramps. I'm so glad you haven't been sick. Don't worry about the weight, it will all even out in the end. have you heard anything using the doppler? I wanted SOOOO bad to hear it while I was there. I'll definitely get to hear it next time i'm sure!

Courtney Heinlein said...

The bibs are great and I can't wait to see some pregnancy pics:) Also, loved to the pregnancy badge ticker and had to steal it for my blog...hope you don't mind:)!!

Doug & Stef said...

You are so tall you will carry the baby so much better than most!! I always envied tall people that were pregnant. I love the bibs! And the beginning it is quite a shocker, totally worth it though I'm sure you know and appreciate! We want belly pics already!!!!

Matt and Dionne said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at your weight gain comments! Not in a mean way of course, but you sound exactly like me in my 1st trimester! I eat pretty much all day long b/c it makes me feel better:) Don't worry though, it tapers off...so does the tiredness. Plus you'll lose the weight quick, especially if you nurse. I love those Harley bibs! Kevin went through a Harley faze a couple of years ago and now we have a wooden Harley rocking motorcycle in our family room=) I can't wait for the belly pics! You are going to be so cute all pregnant! Keep us updated!

Chap and Heather said...

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement...I had no idea this initial eating phase was so common. Most everyone I've talked to around here just mention how they weren't able to eat their first trimester b/c they were so sick. So to hear this is common and will be OK is a releif!

I'm thinking I might be able to post some belly pics at the end of this week. While my friends laugh at me, I SWEAR I'm pooching!! Chap's been taking pics of me since week 10...and you can tell a difference. I'm ready to get there already!!!

Chap and Heather said...

Oh yea, hey Gramps...you better make sure that helmet fits a 5 year old...that MIGHT be the first time he/she is allowed to ride!! =)

Jaysey said...

From what I've read the weight gain is normal. Embrace a reason to eat and not worry about your weight--being pregnant at least gives you an excuse to put on the lbs! ;-)

Krissee said...

Oh I love the baby countdown! Glad you are enjoying the doppler. It was a wonderful investment! Bring on the belly pics!

Brandon, Katie, and Madalynn said...

Hey Heather i just made one of theses but i wanted to tell you you have nothing to worry about with the weigh gain because i gained 55 pounds with maddie haha and finally just lost all of it and im back down to what i use to be but dont worry its all worth it!

Krissee said...

Happy 13 weeks!!! Isn't time for some pictures??