The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Date with Dave!

Some of you might recall my slight bitterness last year when Chap was invited by our brother-in-law, Daniel, to attend the Dave Mathews concert...in the 6th row. Well, bitterness is GONE! This year I got the invite...and so did my brother!! We had a blast, and I literally teared up when we sat in our seats because I have never sat any better than lawn seats at concerts. Chap kept making me turn around to 'see all the people who had worse seats than us'....which was everyone =)



Best part...The Warehouse fan club that Daniel belongs to, called him a few days before the show to ask him if he'd like to bring a guest to the 'meet and greet' with Dave before the concert. Ummmm...you can say this has been Chap's fantasy for years. He has quite the man crush on Dave, he's acutally the reason Chap picked up the guitar to learn to play (and sing), so this was pretty big time for him! He didn't sleep the first night he found out about the big news...this made me laugh.



Chap and Daniel meeting Dave!


Sidenote: They each got to bring back two items...Chap had a small banner made of some lyrics for the baby's room for Dave to sign. We'll matte and frame this later =)



Chap actually drew this picture several years ago. This is the second item he had signed...Dave had to be flattered, it's an amazing drawing.




Normie couldn't stand it, after learning that Chap and Daniel were going to meet Dave, he pulled some major shinanigans at the concert two days before in Raleigh, NC to get backstage and meet Dave himself. Let's just say that some false identities might have been assumed (thank you Jill and Chris!!) So this picture is actually two days before our concert in Raleigh. I award it 'most likely to be BFF' photo =)



Even though I might not have met Dave, I had an amazing night...and I'm still hoping maybe he saw me?? I think we made eye contact a couple times that night =) Thank you, Daniel, for the invite...I hope the guilt trip this past year wasn't too intense. And thank you for making one of my husband's wishes come true!! =)

12 comments:

Matt and Dionne said...

Wow! Very cool! I love Dave Matthews' music!!!

Doug & Stef said...

That is insane! I am in shock and that banner is THE coolest - how creative of Chap! Oh man I am jealous and so is my hubby - He has seen Dave in concert like a million times but never MET him!

The Thalinger Clan said...

Wow, that is awesome! I LOVE the banner and picture Chap drew...very talented! SO much fun, glad things are going well. Can't wait to chat!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

That is amazing! The items picked to get signed are so neat.

Anonymous said...

Jealous is all I have to say!!!! Oh, to be able to meet Dave... it's probably good I have never had the opportunity, I'm sure I would just embarrass myself beyond belief! :) What an incredible experience for Chap! LOVE that sign and drawing...such a talented hubby you have! And baby Rollings has already heard Dave in concert, how fun is that?! A little Dave fan in the making. ;)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

When chap showed me that drawing, I didn't realize he had drawn that until you told me later. Please tell him it's a great rendition of Dave and I'm very impressed.

Jaysey said...

Sounds like a great time for all! And now the baby has something very special, too!

Colly said...

That is so great!!! I am super jealous. Dave is so hot and talented, I mean really, who wouldn't have any kind of crush...woman or man, on him! Those pictures are fabulous!!! How awesome....and what a cool fan club, I mean, it actually rewards you, I can't believe it. Who know Chap was such an art-teest at drawing! Wow! That was really special. I mean, I know he's got the carpentry skills and all, but did not know this side of hime! Did Dave say anything about it in particular or the baby shirts? I am impressed with Normie also, I would like to hear the story next time I see you of his antics. Good for him! I couldn't wait for this post, it's so exciting!! So cool, so jealous.

Colly said...

I was so excited while typing, I just f&*@$% up all my spelling.

Courtney Heinlein said...

That is crazy!!! I'm sure Chap was so excited and what a great banner for the baby's room...priceless!!! By the way, how are you feeling?

Colly said...

I wanted to add that I sent the link for your blog to Amanda Bacik cause she is mad crazy about Dave too and she said she was in tears reading it...she said it was her dream and to tell Chap he is a lucky gonza! Ha!

Chap and Heather said...

Colly~ just so you know, Chap really enjoys your comments. He laughed really hard today when reading all three...nice!