The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, April 6, 2009

Telling Our Families

Yes, I know that you are all probably OVER my 'pregnancy news'...so I apologize for yet ANOTHER post about it, but after waiting as long as I have to get to this point, I'm going to procceed as though you're all as excited as I am =)

Going to Greenville was great! Telling my parents was every bit as exciting as I had imagined it would be. My amazing brother arranged the whole surprise by telling my parents that him and his girlfriend were coming over for dinner. They were a little confused...and excited when Chap and I showed up in the back of his car with balloons, a cake, and some baby news!












Ever since last Christmas I knew exactly how we would tell Chap's family the big news. When Krissee was pregnant with the twins, Rollings informed us that 'babies come from Happy Meals...they are the prize in the bottom of the box!' Oh...if ONLY it were that easy!! =) So, Krissee and Daniel planned a dinner for the family and we showed up with some Happy Meals! The prize in the box was a pacifier with a note to Rollings and Mary Cline from their new cousin. Keesha was the first one to catch on...but everyone was excited, as you can see =)




We are so glad Aunt Susie was able to be there!



The next morning Chap had Smith and Addison bouncing on the air mattress like it was a bouncy fun house =). We can't WAIT for your cousin to get here, Smith and Addison!!


Alright, alright...I will TRY to post some other things now besides this pregnancy and how excited I am, but I can make no gaurantees!!

15 comments:

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

I love the posts!! Keep them coming!!! It is so exciting!!!

Doug & Stef said...

How fun and cute!!!No way keep the pregnant posts coming!!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE hearing all the baby news! Please keep these posts coming, along with ultrasound pics and your growing baby bump pics! Congrats again!!
What a fun way to tell your family and friends. I always wanted to be creative, but was always too excited and am horrible at surprises, so I just did it the boring way and told people. :)
That pic of your mom crying brought tears to my eyes... I can only imagine how thrilled she is! Congrats! Love ya!

Jaysey said...

Great pictures! You guys are just so creative.

Matt and Dionne said...

Um, I can only speak for myself but I don't get sick of baby news. Actually, I tend to skim over the other stuff to get to baby news!!! I teared up a bit when I saw the pic of your mom - how sweet! So exactly how long have you been waiting...if you don't mind my asking? You don't have to answer, I can be pretty rude sometimes...sorry.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

awww...those are great pics!! come on now...you know we want to hear the baby stuff! (at least I do)

Chap and Heather said...

Thanks everyone for not getting sick of me yet, it makes me feel better about my obsessiveness =) Yes, Roxanne was a little excited. My brother and I actually debated putting her in a helmet before telling her, we were concerned for her safety!

Dionne~ Girl, I'm an open book. Not a lot of questions I won't answer...or ask!! We had been trying for about a year...11 months to be exact. It doesn't sound like that long, but when I've been waiting my whole life to have a baby, it felt like an eternity!! It was an emotional roller coaster, but the journey has made me soooo appreciative of where I am now!!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I love all the baby posts, keep em coming. I know that your families were very excited. I can't wait to meet baby Rollings.

Tonya * said...

Don't worry about talking about all the baby stuff!!! Keep posting...Can't wait to read more.

The Morgans said...

that's awesome!!! I can only imagine how happy everyone was! I think you need to get one of those pregnancy counters on the side of your blog so that we can keep up with exactly how far along you are!!

Matt and Dionne said...

Wow, 11 months is a long time to wait...especially when you have another 9 on top of that until the baby is actually in your arms! Your little baby will definitely be worth the wait! I'll bet all the waiting and frustration will only make it a more special experience! Congratulations! We are just thrilled for you!

Alisha said...

Heather-- You don't know me but I'm a friend of Jamie's & since having b/g twins 3 days after Smith & Addison, have become email/blog friends with Krissee too! Anyhow, I check your blog every so often & I am so excited for your good news. Not being able to get pregnant when you're good & ready is down right frustrating & exhausting. I am so glad that you made it through that part! Parenthood is such a gift. There is definitely good, bad & ugly but the good far outweighs the bad & ugly. I look forward to seeing how your family grows!

Krissee said...

You keep the pregnancy posts coming. I love hearing about every detail. You have waited and been patient for this time way to long so shine in your moment. You are going to be such a cute pregnant lady and I can't wait!

Courtney Heinlein said...

You guys are too cute!! I love all the pregnancy info. You have a right to be excited so, keep posting those pictures. I can't wait to hear all about the next 7 months:)

Colly said...

How super fun to tell everybody!! I'm getting all choked up with the excitement you must have felt!!!...that, or it's this gas station hot dog I'm wolfing down. ;-)