The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Surprise Shower...

Telling our friends great! Chap and I had already planned a dinner that evening, so when we found out we were pregnant, we decided to turn the dinner party into a "fake baby shower" for ourselves! When the friends walked in and came in the kitchen they looked a little puzzled...we'd ask, "Where the heck are our gifts?? We are FINALLY having a baby??!! Ha!




Thank you, friends, sharing this excitement with us and for supporting us through this journey! We are forever grateful for having such amazing people surrounding us!! (ps...boys were present, they just thought the card game in the garage was a little more exciting than the baby news...)

8 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

awww...i hate I missed that, but I know everyone was so excited! It broke my heart not being able to be there.
love you!

Matt and Dionne said...

What a fun way to announce the baby news!!! Congrats again! What an exciting time in your life:)

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

That is so great! I know that all your friends were so surprised and excited for you!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

That is such a cute way to announce! I am so happy for you two!

rox and norm said...

The way you announced your pregnancy with a baby shower was a fantastic idea. You two are so creative! I love it! And the pictures were great, too. You guys are so lucky to have such great friends!!!

Tonya * said...

Such a cute way to announce the news! Even though I have never met you guys, I bet you guys are screaming with joy and can't stop smiling!:)
The excitement never ends!!!!

Marissa said...

that's cute! i say make a big deal of it..we did, it's only your first once!!!! very creative :)

Colly said...

Wow. My bra is really glaring throug my shirt...I'll have to remember that one.