The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, June 15, 2009

Grover's Back...with an update!

So, I’ve always known that I’ve had the greatest dad in all the lands, but this week my understanding was validated, yet again!

A couple months back, I asked my parents what happened to the Grover stuffed animal I toted around throughout the majority of my childhood (I literally drug this poor Grover around everywhere and his arms were a little gangly so he had several encounters with mud and dirty floors.). Anyway, mom shared with me that Grover might have gotten tossed many, many years ago. I tried my hardest not to let them see how disappointed I was…but I think they kind of figured it out.

So this week, my dad is in Charlotte on business and calls to let me know he’s stopping by. I was so excited to see him, but even more excited when I saw the package =) After ripping into it I found the sweetest gift ever…there was Grover, swaddled in the pink hooded towel that was made for me when I was a baby by my grandmother, Tutu, and a poster sign that said, “I’m Baaaack”. Evidently, my dad…the greatest dad in all the lands, had been searching for weeks to find a replacement Grover for Baby Rollings. He's just as I remember, except his arms and legs don't quite fit around my waist the way they used to =)


He's back...and ready for the next generation! Dad, thank you so much!! I can't wait to share this story with your grandchild so they, too, will know how amazing you are, though I'm sure they'll have no problem figuring that one out!!

Update:
Well, not too much has changed…no matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get the doctors to give me an ultrasound!! I’m a little eager, to say the least, to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl?!! Chap is thoroughly annoyed with my antics. He’s worried one of my calls to the doctor’s office might actually work; they’ll have me come in for an ultrasound while he’s in Charlotte working and miss the entire thing. I told him if that’s the case, then he better move quickly. =) So, till more news can be shared, here are a few pictures.

15 weeks

17 weeks (please excuse the workout mess)


Hello mom, Tutu, and Annie!! I love you all soooo much and am super jealous I'm not in Arkansas with you right now! I'm sure you're having fun, I miss you all bunches!!!

18 comments:

The Morgans said...

Awww...Norm is the greatest!!! Keep the pictures coming....I thought maybe you had forgotten. The bump is so stinkin' cute!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

What a great Dad! (but we knew that already) You are soooo getting a good bump going! It looks so cute. And way to go for still working out!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I'm already telling people that I will be busy most of November and December. Chap is going to have to throw me out to get me to leave. I love your bump Heather!

Anonymous said...

Horray for a great dad!! How thoughtful was that?! He is already on his way to being an awesome g-pa too.
LOVE the growing baby bump! I'm still guessing girl b/c you are carrying high... another old wives tale, but seems to be true for a lot of people. :) When is your official ultrasound to find out the sex?? In a few weeks?? SO EXCITED to find out!

Chap and Heather said...

Thanks A & B!!

Marilyn~ Good!! We can't wait to have you! If Chap throws you out, I'll throw him out =)

Chap and Heather said...

Hey Jamie! Thank you! Krissee just said the same thing on the phone to me tonight about carrying high...I think it's a girl too :) The official date is July 1st, and I can hardly wait!

The Thalinger Clan said...

I LOVE preggo bellies and yours is just adorable! I can't wait to see it in person!! Your dad is so special and I know that meant the world to you! Keep giving us some preggo pictures, I love them! Can't wait to find out what SHE/he is (hehe). A mother's instinct is always right...

Krissee said...

Heather I love your baby belly! It's bigger than you led me to believe. How sweet is your dad? I know a great song that Grover sang from my sesame street album, it's called Has anybody seen my dog? Don't worry I'll teach it to you.

krbailey said...

STOP IT!!!! I had the Big Bird when I was a kid! It was so "loved" that it had no fur on his neck because that is how I carried it around! It was not the prettiest but oh how loved it was! Yeah for your dad! What devotion! I so wish I had a pic of Big Bird to show you! I know you love your "bump"! It is precious!!!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

That is so sweet of your dad! I know he is excited for the little one! You are getting a baby bump!! It is so cute!! I am with everyone else, I think it is a girl!!

Doug & Stef said...

July 1st - that's not too far away, but we found out at 18 weeks, I thought you could find out at 17 weeks? Oh well, not too long! I hate to make you even more excited, but that is absolutely the best part. Well, it was the only good part about being pregnant for me haha!

Jaysey said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift!

rox and norm said...

punkin, the pictures are absolutely great! Dad was so happy to find grover for you, and Tutu and I almost cried when we saw your tummy! Do you know how long it's been since I saw you? You didn't even have a tummy! We've had so much fun reading this!! We love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather and Chap! Seeing the story of Grover brought back so many memories, especially when ShoSho and I took you to lunch at Crown Center in KC and you ordered a grilled cheese sandwich! Seeing the pictures of you and your tummy makes me realie that I really AM going to be a great grandmother! You are in my thoughts and prayers every Day! Much Love, Tutu

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather and Chap!!!
How wonderful and smart you both are to be able to create your super lives on the computer. I just told your Mom that I'm so excited to be able to see your darling baby grow after he/she is born also. You both look beautiful and I can harldly wait to see you in July. I LOVE you dearly. Annie Annie

Colly said...

How sweet of your Dad!!
That baby bump is really starting to kick it now!!

Matt and Dionne said...

Oh my gosh! Look at that cute little belly! I love it! You look so adorable! I hope you are enjoying it=) And geez, how sweet is your dad?!!=)

The Batts said...

so freakin cute!!! you look awesome!