The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's A....

BOY!!

Chap and I found out this past Thursday that we have been blessed with a baby boy on the way! I was in total shock. I just "knew" it was a girl, goes to show how much I might need to work on that 'mother's intuition' thing ;) Chap was literally bouncing all around the tiny ultrasound room when he saw his son, pointing out every inch on the screen that he recognized (as if it was the nurse's first rodeo). Even though I had to repeatedly remind him to move so I could see my little man, it was very sweet and very exciting.


His first profile pic, isn't he handsome??
Here's a frontal view, it looks like his mouth might be wide open...remind you of anyone??
His sweet little feet.
Evidence. Chap asked the nurse if she was 100% sure...to which she replied, "Honey if it's not a boy, then we'll most definitely have some parts to remove when it comes out."
Even though we found out Thursday, it was REALLY difficult not to share with everyone till today...but totally worth it. We knew we were going to Greenville to see my dad for Father's Day today (since I was out of town last weekend) and we wanted to be there to see their surprise...hence the reason I waited so long to post :)

Uncle Normie and Amanda (he's going to be an AWESOME uncle!)

Needless to say it's been an exciting weekend!! Chap and I couldn't sleep at all that first night we found out and ended up at Bojangles Friday morning at around 5:00 a.m. Krissee and Daniel came Saturday to help us paint his nursery (more on that later). We are so excited and grateful for this time and cherishing every moment. We can't WAIT to meet our little guy in November, and are excited about getting prepared for his arrival till then!


17 comments:

krbailey said...

YEAH!!! Charlie is so in need of boys to play with! The Bailey Bunch is so excited for you both! Having a boy is beyond wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is WHAT??!! First off, I though your weren't finding out until July 1st, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this post!! :) And second, I SO thought it was going to be a girl with that fast heart beat... shows you how much I know. :) Was the heartbeat still fast at this last appointment? If so, maybe he'll just be a hyper and active little guy. :)
CONGRATS to you and Chap! I am so so excited for you both! I am 100%in LOVE with my little guy!
Can't wait to see pics of the nursery. Have you gone shopping for boy things yet? :) Congrats again... so happy for you!

Chap and Heather said...

Kasie~ Yay!! I can't think of a better friend for him!! :)

Jamie~ Trust me, I was just as shocked!! His heartbeat was 147 this time, so a little bit slower, but probably still hyper :) I had some pretty bad pressure and cramping after my trip to Puerto Rico, so at my doctor's visit that Tuesday doctor asked if I'd mind coming in early on Thursday for an ultrasound...ummm, yea I think I can arrange that! I was THRILLED! Yes, I've picked up his bedding on Friday so we could paint his room Saturday...who's excited?? :) I'll post pics of my 'vision' and progress of the nursery soon!!

Krissee said...

We are so excited about "our" (told you) little baby Winn. I know I don't have to tell you this but it feels like this might be the longest 20 weeks ever. I'm so ready to help you finish the nursery and get organized for his arrival. We are just thrilled for the happiness your pregnancy has already given us and the happiness he is going to bring. What a precious little guy. I would also like to say that I felt him move this weekend. Yes I know I know, nobody likes a bragged.

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see how the room progresses.

Chap and Heather said...

Krissee~ You sure were the FIRST to feel him...I've already bragged on you lots today :) ( Roxanne moved at RECORD speed to get to my belly to see if she could feel...she had no luck). I can't tell you how much this weekend meant to me and your brother...great memories that I'll be doing a post on very soon!!

Doug & Stef said...

boys are so much fun!! I hope you got a bo-berry biscuit - man I miss those. Seriously I wanted a girl so badly and still do. But I think I would be okay if the next one is a boy because Weston has been so much fun.

Matt and Dionne said...

You are just gonna love having a little man! They are just so dang fun...and energetic! Congratulations! I can't wait to see the nursery!!!

Life is a Jar of Jalapenos said...

Wow is this the year of the 'boys' or what? That is so awesome! There are tons of cute boy things out there that's for sure. Can't wait to see pics of this nursery!

Amber said...

YEA!! I'm so thrilled for you and Chap! I have always pictured you with boys, just because you're so athletic and energetic....and you're not afraid to get messy...all great qualities for little boys! I'm so excited - I can't wait to meet him, hug him, kiss him and love him! I will definitely be coming up soon to see the nursery and help get things squared away!

Jaysey said...

I knew it was boy! I cannot believe, however, that you already painted the nursery--sheesh! You just found out! You people are way on top of things.

The Thalinger Clan said...

YAH!!!! SO excited, little boys LOVE their mommies!!! We are going to have SO much fun getting the little men together!!! Can't wait to see you and that adorable tummy!!! Much love!!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

How wonderful!!! I know you guys are so excited!

Courtney Heinlein said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for the both you of you. A little boy, how wonderful:)

The Morgans said...

YEAH!!! That is awesome!! I am not surprised that you already have the nursery painted, I just can't wait to see it and the bedding. This will be one loved little boy!!!! I can't wait to meet him!

The Batts said...

yay for boys!!! i am so glad you are feeling great! hopefully i will see you at the reunion!

Rox and Norm said...

Heather and Chap, you really pulled one on us this time!! The only time I've been this exited was when we found out you were having a baby!! And like Heather, I was just sure it was a girl. As a matter of fact, the day they were coming home I wss giving her all the reaons I knew it was a girl. And she she was going right along with me and the little squirt already knew. You two will never know how excited we were tofind out about Baby Winston. At one point I just weny into the bathroom by myself an cry my eyes out. YOU DID GOOD, CHAP!