The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Name & Nursery

Considering we weren’t supposed to actually find out the baby’s gender till today, I’m quite pleased with the progress we’ve made so far. In just a few short days, with a little help from The Day’s, we’ve accomplished lots!

Most of you know his name, and it’s very special meaning to both Chap and myself…but just in case you haven’t heard, we decided (years ago) to name our baby boy ‘Winston Bruce Rollings’ a.k.a. ‘Winn’. Winston comes from three of the most remarkable and heroic men that I know: my grandfather, my father, and my brother are all named ‘Norman Winston Gourley’. Bruce comes from Chap’s grandfather ‘Alton Bruce’, a man that I know Chap admired greatly! Unfortunately, Winn won’t be able to meet his great grandfathers, however, I know that their legacy’s carry on through their sons, their grandsons, and now our son. He carries on a proud name that holds a great deal of meaning for both Chap and myself.


Winn's nursery is coming along quite nicely. This first picture is NOT our nursery...only the look I'm going for (compliments of Pottery Barn Kids) No, we aren't quite there yet, but we're making some good strides.
We are VERY lucky to have such amazing family! Krissee and Daniel came Saturday to help us paint Baby Winn's nursery...just two days after we found out we were having a boy! Who's excited?? :) K & D - thank you soooo much for everything!! You helped us make some great memories that day that I'll remember every time I walk into his room!

So, here's the progress up to this point. Chap and I probably walk in his room on average 10 times a day. There's still a lot to do, but I'm excited about the 'so far' look! Krissee and I are going to work on making his curtains next week, and we hope to have our dresser by then too!

These were a gift from sweet Mimi. Winn's first and second day hospital outfits! I teared up a little when I saw his little initials and sweet name on clothes :) Thank you so much Mimi!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the name & LOVE the nursery so far!! I am just so excited for you, Heather!! I smiled so big when I read that you & Chap walk in the nusery 10 times a day... I can totally relate. :) I also used to open the closet door & look at the baby clothes several times a day too. :) Keep the pics coming!!

Jaysey said...

It's looking good!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

How sweet! I got a little teary eyed looking at the pictures!

Colly said...

It's coming right along. I can't wait to see the finished product. Please invite me to help you anytime!!!

Amber said...

you are making so much progress. I can't wait to see it in person. and those little onsies from Mimi are too cute

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

The onesies are so cute. I love the meaning behind his name. Doesn't it make it so much more special when they are named after someone you love? The room is looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product and and the rate ya'll are going, it should be much longer. ;)

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

shouldn't :)

Life is a Jar of Jalapenos said...

Winn is such a cute name! The nursery looks like it's coming along nicely :) Can't wait to see more pictures, and can't wait to see pictures of the little guy when he gets here!!

Tonya * said...

Congrats on your baby BOY! How exciting! We are expecting our second and are dying to find out what this one will be. I, of course, am hoping for a girl but I guess we will see. Getting the nursery ready is so exciting and cant wait to see it when it is done.

The Morgans said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person!!!! Great gift from Mimi!

Matt and Dionne said...

What a cute name! I really like it and love that it has special meaning too! The nursery is looking awesome! Can't wait for more belly pics!

Doug & Stef said...

How fun - we had the hardest time naming Weston: first and middle name. I'm glad you already have the name picked out!