The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last Hoorah!

Obviously, since it’s been since our honeymoon which was three years ago that Chap and I were able to take an ‘alone’ trip, it’s safe to say we don’t have a lot of time to do things like take a 'vacation'...so, you can imagine my delight when Chap not only suggested, but actually planned a little getaway for us to take a trip to the beach last week! (I think he said he read about this in one of his little man 'prep for baby' books…great investment!) We had so much fun hanging out together, it made me really wish we had taken more time for these things in the past. But that’s what grandparents are for, right??


Thank you, Chap, for all the love and effort that you put into making this a special trip. It’s such a great reminder that I am so lucky to be married to my best friend! I can’t wait to take our next trip as a family…even though I’ll be the one that has to teach our son how to play in the ocean =) I love you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear I have more shirts than that white one with the blue stripes!!!

Courtney Heinlein said...

Good Job Chap!! I'm so glad that you two got a chance to get away before the baby. Really enjoy each other these next few months, it'll make you even better parents:) Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a last hoorah! It really is so important to spend time alone b/f the new one comes b/c you won't get many opportuinities to do so for a little while. Way to go Chap!! Again, you are just a darling pregnant lady!!

Jaysey said...

I'm glad you got a little vacay before the baby's arrival. And I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Amber said...

good job Chap, he's already gotten more from those books than Scott did! ;) It looks like you guys had a great time!

can't wait to see you saturday!

The Morgans said...

Wow! Chap planned a trip to the beach, the place that makes him sticky and sandy and he hates it! that is love!!!! glad you had a good time!!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

Chap did such a great job! Enjoy your time alone while you can cause once the baby is here, you will only have fleeting moments to enjoy each other. Heather-you look so cute. I can't wait to see more belly pictures.

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love all the pictures, I love Winn's room, so just waiting for November. Also I was thinking, the crib makes a bed, but it may be a twin bed so we may need two, right? And yes indeed, that is what grandparents are for. Just ask they Daybies, they'll tell you.

Jaysey said...

FYI: Pictures of y'all from this weekend on the blog.

Anonymous said...

hey!!!!!! you were my fourth grade teacher back when you were Ms.gourley. i am Robbie Langdale. you had me on your very first year of teaching