The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, July 13, 2009

A Whirl 'Winn' Of A Week!

Last week was my first official week of summer vacation…but it didn’t feel much like a break! While we had lots of fun, I am glad I have this week to rest up from all the baby festivities!

The week started in Greenville where mom took me shopping for Baby Winn…however, most of the shopping ended up being for his mom:) I had not enjoyed maternity clothes shopping AT ALL till visiting ‘Mimi Maternity’ in Greenville (with Roxanne of course!) Thanks, mom. for making me feel as close to ‘Pretty Pregnant Woman’ as possible!

The next day, Roxanne and I traveled to Columbia to pick out the dresser/changing table for Winn’s room, along with lots of accessories to go with it. I can’t tell you how excited I am for Baby Winn’s furniture and how grateful we are to have such supportive families! Thank you so much mom and dad, I love you and can’t WAIT for Winn to see his new room!

This is it, but ours is in cherry.
The next project was making Winn’s curtains. After visiting every fabric shop in Columbia with Krissee and the Daybies (those babies were troopers…and quite the attention getters might I add), we finally were able to set up Sweat Shop U.S.A in Krissee and Daniel’s basement (no, the children did not participate in this part of the process). With lots of guidance and support from my amazingly patient and helpful sister in law, I am finally finished with his curtains, and quite proud! Besides the pillow for my mom, this is the only big project I’ve tackled with my sewing machine. Look out Martha!

Not sure if you can tell from the picture, but they are navy and white.

And finally, the last stop of this whirl ‘Winn’ week was registering at Babies R Us. My best friend, Amber, was awesome enough to come help me with this overwhelming task, and I can’t thank her enough! We got most everything done, but saved some of the big/manly items for Chap to help with next weekend ;)

I have gone to bed twice this week in tears because I already feel like I can’t say thank you enough to our friends and family for all that they’ve done. This is an amazing time in our lives right now and your love and support are making it so much fun and memorable for both of us. We love you all soo much and can’t wait for Winn to meet and love you just as much as we do!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the title of this post... very creative! :) GREAT job on the curtains... Winn's room is coming right along and is looking amazing! Keep the updated pictures coming. Glad you were able to find some maternity clothes that you feel cute in... sometimes that truly is a hard task when your pregnant. However, you are a DARLING pregnant lady!!! Love ya!

Jaysey said...

The room is looking great! Thanks for the pictures!

rox and norm said...

Punkin, you did a fantastic job on the curtains!! Am so proud of you! And how wonderful of Krissee to help you. Just met Addison & Smith for the first time on our trip to Columbia. They are just beautiful and Krissee is a fantastic mom!! I LOVE the baby
's room! Winston is going to be enthralled by his wonderful room! And you both know it is all of our pleasure to do anything for you guys that we can possibly do!! You really are the cutest pregnant girl I have ever seen! When I was ooohing and aahing over the maternity clothes, I wasn't kidding! And the pleaure was all mine, being with you those two days. Let's do it again soon!!!

Amber said...

You did such a great job on the curtains! I can't believe it was only your second project!! Winn is going to love them and everything else about his room too!

Courtney Heinlein said...

Wow! You are way ahead of me and I'm due next month:) Everything looks adorable and I can't wait to see when everything is done. Keep posting pics:)

Colly said...

Wooh! Everything is looking so good!! The curtains look great! I never thing of doing things like that....I guess I'd just rather buy it and have it ready to go in my hand right away...although you never find exactly what you had in your dream mind doing it that way, do ya?! Anyway, love the dresser too! I'm so glad it's all coming together!

Colly said...

I meant to say "think"

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

The room is looking amazing!! I know baby Winn will love!

Colly said...

Oh I meant to add I really like your title for this post. ;-)