The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Oops & An Update

I’m sorry if you are tired of hearing about baby news…can’t honestly say it’s going to change anytime soon. It has sort of taken over our lives at this moment, and I kind of like it.

I did made a small ‘oops’ last night, and it involved giving Chap the register gun to hold while we finished registering at Targe. While I was searching the baby section for the grocery cart covers, Chap was off to the sporting good section…with the gun. I could tell he was getting a little antsy looking at bottles and wipe warmers so I didn’t mind him taking off for a few minutes, but when I went to find him these are just a FEW of the items I found added to Winn’s registry…

Registering for the family tent that Winston needs
The blue fishing rod that all babies need
Not pictured: a football, soccer ball, tools, and a guitar. I had to laugh, and am still smiling thinking about how excited Chap his for his little boy to get here (though I’m a little nervous he thinks Winn is coming out in toddler form, rather than an infant). He is going to be such a fun daddy and I am SOOO looking forward to watching them together. Sidenote: Question of the day by Chap - Why don't they make cloth diapers brown??

Update:
Baby Winn seems to be a very busy boy! I think he’s taken up some very unique ab workouts in his little home because I swear I can feel simultaneous punches on either side of my stomach quite often. Chap FINALLY got to feel him kick the other night so he can officially stop calling me, and anyone else that has felt the kicks, a liar =)

I am still feeling good so far though I could do without some of this heat, but I think that’s normal. Still growing in all directions and the bump is definitely more noticeable. I had a guy hold his breath and congratulate me Friday night…you could tell he was taking a big leap of faith in assuming I was expecting, pretty funny considering I have felt like I’ve looked pregnant since the day I took the test =)

22 Weeks

This picture I love, it was taken right after Chap and Normie both felt little Winn kick. Uncle Normie wanted to show off his baby bump too...I could never deprive him of his glory, so here it is.


A big THANK YOU to Uncle Normie for his help with the nursery this weekend!! He and Chap had a nice surprise for me Saturday morning and I love them both very much!! We can’t wait for you to come back, Uncle Normie, we can always use your laughs and of course an extra set of ‘big hands’ =) Love!!

13 comments:

Jaysey said...

They should make cloth diapers brown...white is a very poor choice.

Amber said...

at least the stuff Chap registered for was kid friendly...we got dog food and krispy kremes on our registery. haha! what was the suprise for the nursery?

Chap and Heather said...

What are you talking about...dog food isn't kid friendly?? You know that was my meal of choice when I was little =)

The surprise...while I was making breakfast, they put together the baby's dresser, hung some pictures, and even got some decor set up on top. I've got some pretty good guys, I'll keep them =)

The Morgans said...

Love the picture of you and Normie! That is too funny!!! Winn is going to be a very lucky boy!

Doug & Stef said...

Ok - personally so not tired of baby news when it makes you sooo nostalgic! Secondly, I remember feeling the baby kick so much and having Doug feel and being like, "Oh my gosh, can you feel that?" No. Because it moves inside first so much you think they can feel it. You look so cute!!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

That is so sweet of chap and your brother! I love hearing all of the baby news! You look so cute with your baby belly!

Chap and Heather said...

Thanks guys, I'm glad you're not sick of it yet. =)

Stef, I think that's exactly what's been happening. I just want everyone to feel what I'm feeling...especially Chap!

The Batts said...

you look awesome!!!

Alisha said...

You're looking so fantastic! I love all of the furniture & the adorable curtains! This is one lucky little boy!

rox and norm said...

I'll try to make this short but sweet!! Chap is an absolute hoot with the "stun" gun! So typical Chap! Love him! Heather, you are one of the most beautiful pregnant women I have ever seen - still much tinier than I was when I was that far along with you!!! The time spent with you shopping and going to Columbia (and meeting those BEAUTIFUL twins are some of the most memorable I have ever had!!! Thank YOU GUYS for letting us share in all of this!! We all love the three of you so much!!

Anonymous said...

You silly girl... who could ever get sick of updates on your pregnancy and sweet baby boy?? Not me!! :) I expect the same amount or updates, if not more, when Winn comes too!! You look GREAT... so tiny still! Love the picture of you and Normie... too funny! I still can't believe that Normie is that old! I rememebr your adorable little brother like it was yesterday and now he is all grown up... talk about making me feel super old! :)

Matt and Dionne said...

Oh my goodness! Look how you cute you are all preggo!!! I absolutely love his nursery! I can't believe you made those awesome curtains! Matt thought they were "really cool" =) We hope you are feeling great...you certainly look it!

Cookie and Poppy said...

Nothing like some belly empathy....even if it is your BROTHER????