The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Some Updates

Since I'm still waiting on some pictures from our awesome baby shower last weekend, I figured I could update the blog till then (didn’t realize it had been over a month since my last post…time flies when your pregnant…NOPE!)

Initially, Winn’s room started with no theme in mind…I knew I loved the colors blue and navy and that was about it until Roxanne and I found the fighter pilot picture in Columbia…then the focus changed a bit. My grandfather, Winn’s original namesake, was a fighter pilot in the Marine Corps. Naturally, after that find, his room took on a slightly different direction, with lots of airplane accents…which I love because of it's meaning to me and my family.

After LOTS of searching and no luck, Chap finally had to make the 'W'...which I'm glad he did because it's exactly what I wanted!
Here's the picture we found...to the right you'll find the lovely propeller wall hook I found at the consignment shop for $4!!

Justin, a good friend of ours, painted the airplane banner with Winn's name on it for the shower...thanks Justin! So, now that the nursery is about complete, we just need our little fella!! We're counting down the weeks and can't wait to greet this guy in about 8!!

15 comments:

Marissa said...

i love love the W over the crib..and you look so good....9 weeks and im sure you are counting!

Tonya * said...

The nursery is Adorable! It wont be long before you do bring him home.

Chap and Heather said...

Thanks girls!!

Marissa~ I'll be sure to let Chap know his 'W' got a shout out =) We are totally counting, I can hardly WAIT to meet him!!!!

Lea Liz said...

You look great girl!

I love love loe the nursery!! Beautiful!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

The nursery looks great!! I love the colors. You are looking fabulous, all belly!! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Nursery looks great and so do you!! Can't believe you only have 8 more weeks!! Time sure has gone by fast...for me at least. :) But I'm not the pregnant one. :)

The Batts said...

your nursery is so awesome! love it!! I love the W too! where did you get it?

The Thalinger Clan said...

LOVE IT!!!! And how precious do you look! I hope to see you soon, miss you!

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

Heather, you look great and the nursery is too cute! It will be even cuter once you can get that little boy in it! I am so excited for you....the next few weeks are going to be so fun!!! I love you!!!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

the nursery is fabulous! You look so cute, not much longer.

Amber said...

so sorry about not sending the pics sooner. i just sent you a link to them. I love love love the nursery and you are looking cuter than ever! love you!

Jaysey said...

The room looks great! I love it!

Colly said...

Looks Wonderful with a capital 'W' haha...I like it all, I couldn't tell what it was on the wall with the little blue planes by the door though, couldn't zoom on that pic, what are the things hangin on either side of the door?? That basket from Jeni goes perfect and I love how you've hung up the little sweater ;-) I like the little guitar hanging out in the corner too.

Matt and Dionne said...

Heather you look fantastic! I love when you post belly pics! I can't get over how cute Winn's nursery is! It really made me miss have a perfectly clean, organized and decorated kid room. (My kids pull everything off the walls and shelves and "rearrange" everything) Also, you have the CUTEST ultrasound pics I have ever seen! You must be on cloud nine! What a cutie!

Alisha said...

His room is GORGEOUS! I love the planes. You look great-- can't believe you only have 8 weeks left (but I bet you can!). Can't wait to see pictures of him!