The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pregnancy: The Laughable Moments

As I near the end of this pregnancy, I thought I’d take a minute to reflect on some of the funnier moments of this amazing journey. While they might not have been humerous at the time, I can’t help but look back now on these and laugh…


- Having one of the first graders high five me in the library and congratulate me for having ‘two at the same time’ (his way of telling me it looked like I was having twins.) Thanks Mathew!

- Having another first grader ask me if I was having a baby, I said “Nope…I’m having a basketball” to which he asked, “Can I have it??”

- Chap asking if we could ‘Crate Train’ our child.

- Sitting in the kitchen floor crying because I just wanted to get to Target, I didn’t want to make myself ANOTHER peanut butter and jelly sandwich that day.

- Complaining about my ankles and feet hurting and having my caring, supportive husband respond with, “Well honey, now you know how the elephants feel.”

- Deciding to wear spanx to church when I was 8 months pregnant. NOT one of my finer ideas. My legs went numb about midway through service. I could hardly stand up when it was time to sing.

- Tricking Chap into coming to ‘breastfeeding class’ with me by telling him it was a ‘Nutritional Development’ class.

- Having Chap get me back for tricking him in the middle of breastfeeding class by shouting out “I told you Heather!” as the lady was demonstrating how NOT to smoke cigarettes and breastfeed your baby at the same time. I was mortified.




With all these laughable moments did come some amazing moments that I'll treasure…

- Watching Chap as he found out he was having a ‘little dude’
- Telling Norm and Roxanne they are going to be grandparents
- Going on my first baby shopping trip with my mom
- Painting the nursery with Krissee, Daniel, and Chap
- Seeing our boy during the 4D ultrasound and feeling like I was getting a small peak into Heaven
- Sitting at our baby showers asking myself, “Is this really for us??”
- Having Krissee and Amber come help me get the everything organized and ready for Winn
- Feeling every kick/movement/hiccup/ that my boy makes (I really am going to miss feeling him so close to me).



With the good and the bad it’s been an amazing ride that I’m grateful for!

36 Weeks

20 comments:

Unknown said...

You amaze me, I love you so much!!!

B. Fewell said...

I can't believe it's almost time! You are going to be an awesome Mom!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am all teary eyed right now. Love this post! Pregnancy is a wild ride, but an unforgettable one and one that is simply amazing and miraculous! So happy and excited for you!!

Jaysey said...

Only 25 days left--awesome! Great moments--thanks for sharing!

The Thalinger Clan said...

What a great post! I can't believe the time is already here. You are absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet that little "stud"

Krissee said...

Great post! I can't wait for him to get here. You have been so calm through your entire pregnancy. I hope it's been everything you have dreamed of and as you probably already know it gets even better.

Doug & Stef said...

Such a cute post Heather! That last part reminded me of when I had Weston - I bawled right after I gave birth and they were giving him a bath. I wanted him back so bad because I felt so empty now that he wasn't inside me! I'm a wierdo I know. But I'd way rather get bear hugs :)

Marissa said...

it's so close! you look great!! loved the post! so cute to remember all the crazy/great times during pregnancy

Amber said...

ok, first let me say I was cracking up about the two concerning the breastfeeding class. SOOO hilarious! I love love love this post. (it made me miss being pregnant!) love you!

Alisha said...

Heather-- I can't believe you're already 36 weeks! SO EXCITING! You look fantastic-- can't wait to see your little one. He'll be the luckiest baby around! As for the Spanx... seriously!?? LOL That is FUNNY! I wore spanx but only to hide my pudge in the 1st couple of months! Did you know they DO make Spanx for pregnant ladies? They're called Mama Spanx. Anyway, good luck these last 4 weeks!

The Batts said...

your belly is so cute! hang in there, and get some rest while you can!

rox and norm said...

Dad and I read your blog together. We laughed out loud at some stories and had tears in our eyes at others. You and Chap are going to be the most wonderful and fun parents any kid could ever have! And Gigi and Gramps cannot wait to hold their first grandchild in their arms!!!

Tonya * said...

Pregnancy is a wonderful journey. Good luck with everything and how exciting that in just a few weeks, you and Chap will be holding your bundle of joy.

Courtney Heinlein said...

How wonderful!! I'm sure this pregnancy has been experience going through with Chap:) Again, I'm so happy for the both of you and I'll be thinking about you over the weeks ahead. Love you guys!

Natalie and Jonathan said...

That just made me cry! I remember all the funny things my 1st graders said to me! You look amazing and you are going to LOVE being a mom! I think being pregnant then holding your sweet baby for the first time truly is one of God's sweetest blessings!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I am so excited for you and Chap. Ya'll are almost there. Little Winn could join you at any time now! How exciting!!! Enjoy every minute.

Cookie and Poppy said...

Heather, I apologize for Chap's unruly behavior. He will get a lecture before you have to go to the hospital. We don't want to get thrown out for having wheelchair races or something redneck like that.

Matt and Dionne said...

What a beautiful post! Congratulations on your first pregnancy! I can't wait for you to hold your little man in your arms for the first time. We are so blessed to be able to experience the miracle that is childbirth! You look fabulous by the way!

Colly said...

I enjoyed this post VERY much! I think my favorite was your trick...that was a good one!

Rollings' Book Club! said...

dear mrs.rollings i saw the pictures he is so cute.When he comes i bet he will look just like his dad.I think the nursary is so cute love carson one of your students.