The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Thursday, November 5, 2009

This time next week...

I'll be a MOMMY!!

To keep everyone updated, at our doctor's appointment last week our doctor shared his concerns about how narrow my pelvic bone is. He said we'd watch it over the next week and see how things progress. So, at yesterday's appointment there didn't seem to be any progression, and after a second doctor's opinion it was decided that a C-Section would be the best and safest route for baby and mommy.

While this was NOT what we had envisioned, I've come to peace with it over this past week (for the most part) and am getting really excited to meet our little boy! It's amazing how 9 months can seem like an eternity until a week before show time, and now I'm wondering where in the heck all the time went?? Lesson plans, grad. school assignments, nursery, cleaning...this is just a little of what's running through my mind. Poor Chap.

Please say a prayer for baby Winn, that he will have a safe and healthy arrival next Thursday morning. We are so excited to meet this little man that we already love so much!

And now I'm off...to get ready for my biggest and most exciting job yet!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??!! Oh my goodness... so so excited for you!! I so know how you feel about the c-section. I had one with both pregnancies and that is not what I had envisioned or hoped for, either. But, I am with you... whatever is safest for mommy and baby. One nice thing about a c-section is knowing the day that your baby os coming, being able to plan, etc.
You and baby Winn will be in my prayers, for sure! Can't wait to hear the news and see pictures! Good luck with everything... everything will be just fine! Love ya!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

How wonderful!!! It is so exciting! I will keep you and baby winn in my prayers! If you have any questions about the c-section let me know! I had one! They aren't as bad as they seem!

Garrett and Allison Reed said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I know how you feel about having to get everything done. When I went to the doctor and they told me they were going to induce me that night, I went home and cleaned all the bathrooms before going to the hospital!!! You are being prayed for...I can't wait to see pictures of that sweet little baby. Enjoy every minute of it!

Courtney Heinlein said...

I'm sooo excited for you!!! I have a friend here in Springfield whom has that exact same problem so, every baby she has to have a C-section and she's on her 3rd child. So, I know that everything is going to be fine:) Can't wait to see pictures. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I know things are crazy but all will seem so worthwhile when you guys meet your little man. You are in my thoughts and prayers :)

Julie Herren Hendrix

Jaysey said...

Hooray! Good luck! Before you know it, he'll be here!

Tonya * said...

How exciting! I pray that God will continue giving you the peace you need so you can relax this next week before the big day. Cant wait to see pics of Mr. Winn....and will say a prayer for you next Thursday.

Amber said...

yay! I can't wait. you're going to do great!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

That is so exciting! Amber told me about it last week. Good luck on Thursday!! I know that you can't wait to meet your little man!

Matt and Dionne said...

I had to have an emergency c-section w/ my 3rd which was really frightening b/c I didn't know what was going on but the recovery was so much easier than I expected! You'll be just fine...especially b/c you will be prepared for it. What an exciting time! I can't wait to see all the pictures!!! We'll be praying for you=)

The Batts said...

good luck! you are going to do great! i had a c-section, and trust me all the extra time in the hospital really is a blessing!