The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Heart

My heart has totally been captured by this little boy. I look at him and still can’t believe he’s mine??!! How did I get so lucky to be Winn’s mommy?

Winston Bruce Rollings was born November 12, 2009 at 7:47 a.m. (like the airplane!) He weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz.

We came home from the hospital on Sunday and are sooo happy to be here! Things have been great…BUSY but great! I’m enjoying every single moment with my new family and am doing my best not to blink so I don’t miss something. Here are a few pictures of Winn's first few days here with us :)

Our new family just a few hours after he was born.


He's such a tiny little guy, not a lot of his clothes fit yet...but we're working hard on changing that! Most of his hats fall over his eyes like this...but I think it's pretty stinkin' cute!


Our little sleeping boy.


Chap put great effort into having us out of the hospital on Saturday...unfortuneatley, that didn't work out and Winn had to watch his first Carolina game on t.v. As you can see, he cheered very hard!


Home sweet home! Gramps and Chap put their hazzard lights on for the drive home. Then they procceeded to bonk on the car horns the entire way through the neighborhood. Bringing Winn home was just like your everyday parade :)


My most favorite picture thus far, and one of my most favorite parts of being Winn's mom is watching Chap be a father to our little boy. I have completely fallen in love with my husband all over again.

Thank you, Chap, for this gift. I love our little family and am enjoying every moment of being a parent with you.


15 comments:

Doug & Stef said...

That is the cutest picture ever! I am so so so happy for you heather - if anybody deserves to feel all the joy that comes from motherhood - most definitely you cutie! Love you! You just made my day so much brighter :)

Krissee said...

My heart melts! I love Winstons parade! Great idea. You guys are going to be such great parents.

Tonya * said...

He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations to you guys. I was so thrilled when I got home, after wondering that day if everything went ok, Charlie showed me a picture of him that Chap sent. He is too cute! Such a wonderful feeling of becoming a mother. So happy for you guys!!!!

Bailey Ellison said...

He is beautiful!
I love you!!!

Amber said...

isn't being a mom just the best job ever! And I totally agree, watching your husband be a father just makes you love him that much more! I'm so glad things are going well - Winn is already so loved!

Natalie and Jonathan said...

I LOVED reading your blog entry! It truly is the best feeling! God just gives us a glimpse at how much he loves us! You are going to be a great mom! Enjoy every moment! I remember (and still am) falling in love with my husband all over again when I watched him be a dad! The best!

Courtney Heinlein said...

It couldn't have happened to two better people. Winn is beautiful and you are going to have so much fun watching him turn into a little man:) I can't wait to meet him...maybe over Christmas?:)

The Thalinger Clan said...

Wow, what a beautiful entry! You two look absolutely amazing and are going to make the best parents. Winn is just a doll and I can't wait to meet him in person. Maybe in the next couple of weeks?! Love you!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

How sweet! I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet Winn!

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

That is so exciting!! And I totally love that he got a parade! How much fun is that?!?! Enjoy every second! He is beautiful!

Marissa said...

im not sure if there is a prouder papa than mr. gourley!! i also love love seeing the dads with the babies..it makes you love them even more (the husband that is)!

Jaysey said...

tear...amazing

Colly said...

He is gorgeous, just like his Mom and Dad. =) I look forward to being around to watch him grow. I like the second picture...he is so tiny looking there in the one hand hold, all blue and wrapped up tight...he looks like a little nerf football. ;-) (not that I wanna throw him around out in the yard or anything, don't get me wrong)

Alisha said...

He is GORGEOUS! (Am I aloud to say that about a boy?? Ok HANDSOME!) I am so happy for you three. There is nothing like watching a new daddy with his son. I wish you the best-- enjoy every moment of this wonderful adventure. They truly do change every day. You'll wake up on day and he'll be talking & walking.

Matt and Dionne said...

What a sweet post! You are such a sweet lil family=) I love that we can share in your joy using the internet. I hope you a doing well and soaking up every precious moment!