The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Merry Little Mess

Our little family is pitiful!! It started Christmas Eve when we noticed little Winn’s cough…didn’t sound so hot. Christmas morning we woke up and it had fully developed into a rhythmic, horrible, hack that was choking him. So…off to the emergency room we went. After some blood work, x-rays, and nasal swabs we found out that he has RSV. THANKFULLY we were able to take him home though and enjoy the rest of the Christmas day with the family, considering my grandmother, Winn’s GREAT Grandmother, traveled from Arkansas to meet her first grandchild!! It was a very special time that we will treasure forever!

This was actually before my poor boy was sick, the previous weekend celebrating Christmas with the Rollings. Aunt Keesha had him going, I loved it!!!
This little outfit was Chap's first Christmas outfit when he was born. How sweet that Marilyn saved it??! Even though he's sick, he's still pretty darn cute!
Meeting his great grandmother for the first time, I'll cherish it always :)
Playing the Wii with Gramps.
Doing breathing treatments with Gramps.
Four generations of Gourley's

Winn seems to be doing better. He’s been to the doctor twice since his ER visit. They are confident that his RSV is on the mend, however, our biggest concern now is that he can’t seem to keep his food down. The mucus buildup (sorry if you were eating…) is gagging him, creating LOTS of projectile parties throughout the day. On top of that, his mommy has strep throat…making it difficult to take care of him the way I need to. Luckily, dad is home this week from work and working hard to keep up with us both! :)

We are very grateful to have our little Christmas miracle with us this year for the holidays. While having a sick child in the ER isn’t the ideal way to spend the day, it sure was amazing having him here to celebrate with. He makes everything bigger and better than before and we couldn’t be more grateful to have him in our lives.


7 comments:

Jaysey said...

Glad he's getting better. It looks like y'all had a Merry Christmas despite the health issue. Here's to happy and HEALTHY (!!) New Year! Love!

Marissa said...

ahhh sick babies are no fun..its nearly impossible to then as the mom not get sick since you are prob up all night! i hope you all get better

mgoodner said...

Such sweet pictures! Glad Winn is on the mend and hope you are too. Hopefully, he will start keeping his food down soon.

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

Hang in there Heather! Hopefully, you both will get better soon! I love the first picture of Winn. He is such a cutie!

Amber said...

poor baby and poor mommy! I hope you guys both start feeling better soon. I'm sure Chap is taking great care of you guys!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I miss my boy, I can see in the pictures they pricked his heels :o(
I really hope everything gets better soon and you can enjoy him more. I am cleaning out Chap's closet and who knows what else I may find! I found another little outfit that I had his picture made in so guess who gets it next???

Colly said...

I just wanted to say I really like the last picture. How cool...and I also like how Winn is looking at your Dad's thumb, he is ready to eat that thing up!!!