The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Savoring, Day 1

It's official. Summer is here. I had an AMAZING year at my new school (was honored to be named Teacher of the Year by my colleagues whom I respect and admire more than they'll ever know) and enjoyed a very special group of children that will forever be a part of my heart.  After a surprise brunch at school with friends and family, a few training sessions at the district office, and one last clean up in my classroom, I am beyond happy to have summer-time here to celebrate a little man that often doesn't get enough of me. 

So....I'm determined to document at least one moment from every day that I am blessed to share with this little guy.  Who knows, this might be our last summer being "just the two of us" and I don't want to look back come September and wonder "where did our summer go??"  I want to remember and smile on every day that we have together...whether it's good or not-so-good because I know these moments won't last forever.

Good-bye class of 2011-2012, you all are the BEST!
My amazing kiddos, the most spirited, enthusiastic and caring group I've ever known.  I love them all dearly!


All the beautiful arrangements given by my friends and family.  They are too good to me!
Helllllooo summa-time!
It's a blurry one, but it's the first official picture of our summer.  After training at the D.O. I picked him up so we could play at Cherry Park.  He's just doing some relaxin' ;)

At some point, I might make it back to re-cap one the many many months that I have been less than efficient in my blogging documentation.  But for now, just pretend like you know where we are in life...

1.  2 (and 6 months)...and not so terrible :)
2.  Potty trained (spring break was a pee break in this house)
3.  Silly, just like his daddy
4.  Loving
5.  Hilarious
6.  Big boy bed (or cage, as he refers to it)
7.  Singing, dancing, and talking up a storm!
8.  Riding his bike
9.  Will jump/jump off anything in sight
10.  Still loves to sing, dance, and will talk your ear off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excited that the Rollings Blog is back and action packed! :)