The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, June 23, 2008

Hooray for Summer Weekends!!


After an exhausting week at Challenger, this weekend is exactly what was needed! We had a full day at the lake on Saturday (thank you Todd & Tammy!) We found a GREAT Catfish Cove which made Chap’s entire week! Four huge catfish later we went tubing and had a blast! I’ve never been tubing with Shelly but I quickly learned that like me, she giggles the ENTIRE time! Needless to say my face and my arms are still sore today =) After a long day at the lake we cruised to T-Bones to fill the bellies and try not to fall asleep at the table, a hard goal for some to achieve. =)

Sunday my dad came to Rock Hill for a visit since we weren’t able to make it home the weekend before for Father’s Day. We had a really nice day working on yard projects, eating lots of yummy Catfish Stew, and swinging on the porch swing! I love you dad, thanks for all you do!

Weekends like this make me a happier teacher for the upcoming week =)

Mike's Fish

My Fish

Chap's Fish Shelly's Fish (the biggest fish!)

Giggle Box #1 and Giggle Box #2

Some serious tricksters!

Cruising to T-Bones, hooray summer!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Summertime is the best! Glad you had a nice, fun and relaxing weekend...your students will thank you for that. ;) I am very impressed with the big fish you caught too.

Jaysey said...

Huh. It's summer? People have fun? At lakes? In bathing suits? I do not know what this is...I just noticed it's ducking (quack!) hot outside (hee...hee...duck is SO my new favorite word--I just quacked at two people at work. It really is fun). One day, I will have enough money to survive on something other than black beans and rice (which I am eating for the whole next 7 days--ick), and at that point perhaps I will get to take some time off in the summer and see what all this fun is about. I'll give you a call sometime near the summer of 2010 or 2011, k? ;-)

Shelly and Erica look miserable in that photo...must be 'cause they're combatting the sleepiness mentioned in the post. ;-)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

that looks like a GREAT time! man, am i jealous! at this point, any venture outside the house is exciting!

love,
amber

Krissee said...

Oh that looks like soooo much fun! What a great perfect day!

Matt and Dionne said...

How fun! Nice fish! Matt would be impressed:) Did you ever figure out how to use photoshop/digital scrapbooking for your summer camp thing?

Chap and Heather said...

Jenn-
That made me laugh really hard. Trust me, the weekends are ALL I have right now (and 85% of the time they don't even belong to me). I am loving the quack =) I can't wait to see you in 2010/2011 but I'm not sure I can wait that ducking long =)

Dionne-
I still haven't figured out the digital scrapbooking yet, I've just been having my kids make slide shows on power point...I would love to learn digital though!!

Anonymous said...

Those fish are awesome!!!! I would have liked to have done that, I have never caught a fish, or been fishing for that matter...how pathetic.

Anonymous said...

That was a blast. We are glad you could join us and can't wait for Independence day weekend! My fish is bigger than your fish.

Chap and Heather said...

Todd, ha!!! Just read your comment and laughed really hard =) We'll compare fishes after this weekend!! =)