The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On Saturday we had a shower for Krissee at my house. Smith and Addison got so many adorable things; I swear I think everyone was partially pregnant when they left from all the cute baby stuff! Anyway, it was a great time that turned into a great evening (once the boys were allowed home from fishing!)

I can’t wait to be Smith and Addison’s aunt!! It’s so much fun watching Krissee and Daniel prepare for parenthood (though I’m not sure anything can prepare them for twins =). Just from talking to them you can feel their excitement and eagerness. Daniel is very calm, but pumped! He whispers secrets about Krissee to Smith and Addison through her belly, I think he's preparing them for their new mom =) Krissee is so funny and the most honest pregnant person I've ever met. She showed us her ‘morning waddle’ this weekend and now I can’t help but walk like this when I first wake up in the morning. Thanks Krissee, Chap thanks you too =)

Krissee and Daniel, I love you guys so much and am so grateful to have one of my best friends as my sister!! I know Smith and Addison are going to be very loved children, I already love them so much I can hardly stand it!



A 'Double Day' shower for Smith & Addison!
Yummy food with a chocolate fountain in the back!

Daniel's sweet letter to Krissee with sonogram pics of Smith and Addison.

'Peek-A-Boo I see Two' invite with double dipped pretzel sticks (blue and pink) for favors.

Baby Converse, best gift ever! Good job Colly!

Me and mommy =)

Super cute baby stuff! I'm not sure there's anything more fun than twin gifts!

Krissee and the hosts, these girls make giving showers fun!!

9 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

looks like a great shower!! i hate i had to miss it, but i know everything was fabulous b/c you girls always know how to throw a party!

amber

Cookie and Poppy said...

Amber is right. The party was the best, and the hostesses wend all out. I loved it, Thank You all.

Anonymous said...

Heather, you've done it again!! What a great shower! I love, love all the decorations and the invitation!! Way to go! Hopefully you are done for a little bit. Throwing showers are so much fun, but also a lot of work. I can't wait to see pics of the twins when they arive! When is she due?

Chap and Heather said...

Amber -
We missed you bunches, luckily you had a pretty good (and cute) excuse =)

Marilyn -
You are so sweet! I'm glad Roxanne got to see you, she always loves being with you!

Jamie -
Thank you so much, and thanks again for your ideas...I gave you credit several times throughout the day =) Krissee's thinking they will arrive at the end of July. She had a great doctor's visit today!! Krisse & Daniel actually started a blog today for Smith and Addison...it's under my links as 'The Day Family', you'll have to check them out!! I know, I can't wait to meet them and I promise to take TONS of pictures =)

Anonymous said...

What about that sweet ass note her husband wrote to her?

Krissee said...

Heather!!!

Thank you for the sweet post about us! You are so sweet!

I loved the shower! It was perfect! I'll be blogging about it too soon. The morning waddle is no joke. Its a necessity if I want to make it to the bathroom without falling.

I know you and Chap are going to to be a great Aunt and Uncle. Smith and Addison are going to LOVE you!

Thanks for being so sweet to us. We just love you guys!!!

Chap and Heather said...

Daniel -

I commented on the sweet note, did you not see the entire picture devoted to it??

Krissee -

You are more than welcome, we love you AND your waddle!! =)
ps...you might want to look into getting Daniel's eyes checked =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I just saw it. That's what I get for speed reading. :(

Matt and Dionne said...

What a cute shower! Everything looks like it turned out so nice! Congrats on becoming a godmother and a soon to be auntie! What an exciting time for you guys:)