The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Happy Chappy




Alright, so the other day I went to Home Depot to pick up the beetle bug bags that trap the little jerks that eat everything green in my yard, and was feeling extra nice so I figured I would get Chap a fun surprise. I had heard him and my dad talking about this great 'tree saw' when we were doing yard projects last Sunday, so I thought I'd check out this awesomeness myself. Well, this tree saw not only has the ability to prune dead tree branches with one attachment while sawing it away with another attachment, but it also has the ability to make Chap the happiest boy on earth. I put the tree saw, beetle bug bags, and bug spray (this last item was really more for me, but that's beside the point...) on the couch like it was Christmas morning and Chap was so excited when he got home from class! It made me wish I could do fun surprises like this every day (though I'm not sure we'll ever be able to afford that type of surprise every day so I'll just have to get creative). Anyway, if any ladies are ever looking for a fun surprise to get husband, you might inquire of his interest in the 'tree saw' because this along with a plate of spaghetti might make him a very happy husband (that does dishes, and doesn't mind watching 2 hours of The Bachelorette with you!! )

13 comments:

Cookie and Poppy said...

You are such a sweetie. Nothing like toys to brighten up their day. Good job! I really like the looks of that saw.

Matt and Dionne said...

That thing sounds pretty cool! I'm not sure if I would ever get one though - I'd be the one to have to use it just like the clippers I bought last year:)

I just started watching The Bachelorette 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it!!! I totally want her to pick Jeremy! And I'm dying to know what that one guy wrote in the letter!

Jaysey said...

Is it cordless? I want all cordless yard tools now that I've got two. It is so much safer.

Did you know that they have elcrtic mowers now, too? They just ahd this event where you could trade in your gas powered mower and get some cash back towards one of the electric ones. I really wanted an electric mower, but I don't even have a gas mower to trade in--probably because I don't really have that much grass--except that one patch that G. insisted on trying to grow and then watered every day, which made my water bill go up by $40.

Justin Smith said...

blog blog blog.....

Chap and Heather said...

Dionne -
LOVE The Bachelorette, I was a huge fan of Graham, but now Jeremy is my new favorite too! How dorky am I...I tried to do slow motion on my T-Vo to see what that letter said...I didn't get much except for the first line. Needless to say I can hardly wait for Monday!

Jenn-
It is cordless. It's actually pretty cool! I can't believe your water went up that much, ridiculous?!! Chap tried to do that grass thing this summer, but then the 'drought law' came in effect so I didn't have to gripe to much about the bills.

Justin -
HUSH...or I'll blog about your sleeveless in Seattle boating outfit last weekend!!

Justin Smith said...

interesting... i had to create a blog to join the bookclub thing with Jenn. I was just messing with it and saw I can begin blogging! Look out... the last thing the world needs is to know my inner thoughts.

Anonymous said...

What a nice wifey you are! :) Greg and I watch The Bachelorette too. :) We were pulling for Graham, but he obviously messed that up. So, now we're not too sure who our fav is. We like all 3 of the remainders. :)

Jaysey said...

If only we had drought rules! Then, I could stop the watering madness! Instead, my stupid city and county figure it's better not to interfere in the lives of is citizens by regulating water use. You know, because there's an unlimited supply and all--in those 3 lakes they're draining. Fidiots.

Matt and Dionne said...

Oh my gosh, did you see the Bachelorette Men Tell All? Talk about AWKWARD!!

Chap and Heather said...

Jenn,
Maybe you should move back to Rock Hill?? =)

Dionne,
There were lots of awkward moments on that show! Chap had to go to bed b/c I was yelling at the t.v. too much. I really wish we lived closer so I had someone to watch this with!!

ps...Chap is impressed with how his 'man post' about masculine 'man tools' was turned into a review on The Bachelorette. Yeahh for us!! =)

Matt and Dionne said...

HeHe! I laughed out loud at what Chap thought of all our comments:) And Yes, it would be fun to have someone to watch it with! I usually end up having to watch it by myself the next day on the internet b/c Matt doesn't care to watch it and I keep forgetting to record it.

Marissa said...

Seems like men will always like random toys that can do destruction! Good idea, give them a toy, but really it's an item to put them to work!

Chap and Heather said...

Dionne,
I wasn't aware you could watch the show on-line...I missed one earlier this season, guess we know what I'll be doing tonight! Thanks for the info!

Marissa,
Hey! Very true, destruction devices seem to be a favorite at our house. When I gave Chap the 'Magic Eraser' the first time he had a great time getting all the gross stuff off everything in the house!! It truly was 'magic' getting him to clean that much! =)