The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, June 16, 2008

Visit To Meet Carter

Chap and I went to Columbia last week so that Chap could meet the sweetest boy in the world, Carter. We had such a great visit with Scott and Amber! It was so much fun to see the new family and watch their wonderful parenting skills! They surprised us while we were there and asked us to be Carter’s God Parents, and of course we were honored and delighted (after Chap found out exactly what it meant…=) I believe his exact words after hearing the responsibilities were, “So, if Carter ends up in jail one day we’ll be the people he calls??” Haha, I laughed because I figured if Carter goes to jail our kid will probably be right there with him! Anyway, we are truly honored and blessed to have such a wonderful new spirit to support and watch grow up! We promise to do our best to ensure he never ends up in jail! =) Thank you Amber and Scott for allowing us to be a part of Carter’s life!!


Chap's face cracks me up here, he looks really comfortable doesn't he?? =)


Yes, I had an "I love Carter" t-shirt made with his b-day and birth weight...I completely understand why rednecks have to airbrush shirts and license plates now!! (no offense to any of you rednecks out there...I really do feel your pain!)



Me and Carter, how sweet is he??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, are you a proud Godparent or what?! :) I am totally loving your "redneck" t-shirt!! You look like such a natural holding that little cute Carter...soon, soon!! :) He is absolutely adorable!! Seeing him really makes me baby hungry!!

Anonymous said...

How did your sis-in-laws baby shower go?? Pictures please. :)

Cookie and Poppy said...

Yep, that Chap is really gonna be a natural isn't he? Just like his Dad. Slept through all the night feedings. I love seeing Carter and Amber looks amazing. Heather, you are the perfect Auntie.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! New Post! That t-shirt is somethin special. ha-ha! I need to see the little guy in person!

Chap and Heather said...

Jamie-
He makes me baby hugry too!!

Marilyn-
As long as Chap doesn't sleep through the diaper changes we'll be alright =)

Colly-
I know, I've been a little MIA in the blog world...but I'm BAAACK! The last week of school, these showers, and grad school had me pretty busy for a while=)

Jaysey said...

That's a very special T-Shirt, Heather.
That is one teeny-tiny baby...

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

seriously, i think i'm gonna need one of those shirts! :)

love,
amber

Chap and Heather said...

Jenn-
Isn't he tiny?? You don't realize it till you see him with a giant like me in pictures...I was a little surprised myself!

Amber -
I think your entitled to a t-shirt...what sizeJ?? =)