The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mama Mia! What a fun weekend...

Chap’s cousin, David was married this weekend in Rock Hill. Let me just tell you how nice it was to NOT have to travel for a wedding and to just show up without helping, buying a dress, or renting a tux (don’t’ get me wrong, love participating in weddings, but also enjoy just being a guest!!) Friday night we attended Amy and David’s rehearsal dinner at Winthrop Shack (really, not a shack but really nice house behind the Winthrop lake).

Saturday, Chap and his dad woke up (silly early) for their fishing tournament at Lake Wylie while Marilyn and I slept in, leisurely had breakfast and got ready for Foxy Roxy to arrive so we could begin our day of shopping, eating, and movies! It was really nice, and after visiting some local favorites (Monkey’s & Mermaids and Legacy’s Child) we had lunch at Olive Garden and then went to see Mama Mia! Such a cute, fun, and girlie movie (Chap and Larry both agreed they would have walked out on the first song…) anyway, it was such a great day to have both my moms in town to hang out! I truly believe they are kindred spirits, but they just call themselves ‘best friends’ till we get that spirit thing confirmed =) The boys finished 5th in the fishing tournament, I heard some grumbling about this and something about all the fish that got away, but you know how that goes.

The wedding was nice and the reception was at Kinard which is a building at Winthrop, where Chap and I graduated. It was neat to go back and visit…a little sickening though to see all the new additions they’ve made to the school. Really, they couldn’t have put that Olympic size pool and ginourmous work-out facility in while we were students?!! I seriously got a little nauseous upon seeing that basically every WU student now has their own treadmill and elliptical machine…not fair! And the pool is amazing, I remember when I used to go swimming at WU, it was in a tiny pool that was basically in a dungeon. Slightly creepy. I am sure they have Big Norm and Marilyn to thank for some of those additions =) End vent.


Anyway, the reception was nice but the highlight in entertainment for me and Chap was meeting Petrozza the runner up contestant from the show Hell’s Kitchen (for those of you who watch the show I HOPE you appreciate this b/c there were tons of folks there that thought we were slightly crazy for how star struck we were!!) Chap and I had joked all weekend about meeting Petrozza because we knew he had worked with the catering service at Winthrop before becoming a contestant on our favorite show. Well, as soon as soon as we spotted Petrozza you can imagine our excitement and while the DJ was trying to keep an orderly fashion for the guests going through the buffet line, Chap and I made a mad dash with our camera to get a picture with our pal Petrozza….dorks. Oh well, it was the highlight of our evening and here is our claim to fame.

Keesha, Mary Cline, & SethThe cousins!
Larry & Marilyn who actually won the prize for being the longest married couple at the reception! Way to go guys!
Me and some hot guy I picked up at the wedding =)

While the weekend was really great, I guess the only thing that could have made it better was if the babies decided to meet their Aunt Heather. Oh well, I know Krissee and Daniel really enjoyed their ‘baby moon’ and now I have something to look forward to for next week!

18 comments:

The McKnights said...

I Agree the wedding was wonderful. It was great to spend time with some amazing people who happen to be family. Ok.... Heather scoring some major points in the entertainment of two moms together. Score: Heather- 1
Keesha- 0
Krissee once babies born-2

Man I need to step up my game.

Love ya

Anonymous said...

First of all..LOVE your hair short!! So cute! Secondly... I want to see Mama Mia...Greg, on the other hand, does not. :) Guess I'll have to go with some girl friends. Let me know whne these babies get here!!

Matt and Dionne said...

Ok, first off, I LOVE your haircut!!! Second, I've been meaning to tell you everytime I get on your blog that your hubby looks exactly like a news anchor on Fox News! I think the guy's name is Brent Baird but I could be off. 3rd, your hair is sooo cute! And 4th, I went and saw Mama Mia last week with a bunch of my girlie friends and we loved it! Didn't you just wish you were in the movie singing and dancing on the Greek cliffs too?!?! I almost jumped out of my seat and started singing and dancing! Almost being the key word:)

Matt and Dionne said...

Funny - I just read Jamie's post and noticed how similar my post is to hers! Great minds think a like;)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

sounds like a really fun weekend! And i think that's aweseome that you met Petrossa...I love that show!!

p.s. i love the hair; it's super cute!

Jaysey said...

There are so many movies I want to see right now: Mama Mia, Dark Knight, SATC, The X-Files (Yes, I said that).

I never once swam in the pool at Winthrop. I did, however, have a class in the same building as the creepy basement pool, and it smelled like chlorine, and I'm pretty sure there was mold all over the walls.

I guess I should say I love your hair, since everyone else said that, but, honestly, I didn't notice. Maybe because I haven't seen your hair in like a year. What I did notice is that unlike some of us, you never seem to gain weight. So what I would like to know is just how much time you spend on an elliptical?? I'm not kidding either...I'm on the verge of some desperate measures here (desperate at least by my standards).

Jaysey said...

PS: You are in my blog this week. Enjoy!

Chap and Heather said...

Keesha, you really need to re-evaluate your score sheet sister...
Keesha - 1 point (Mary Cline)
1 point (Rollings)
2 points (keeping up with Rollings)
= 4 points total.
You are totally kicking our butts! =)

Jamie, thanks! I'm glad you like it...you know I was nervous about the impulsive 'Hair Cuttery' decision. I wish you lived closer...I would sooo go with you to see that movie again!!

Dionne, you are so cute, thank you!! And yes, we were all dancing when we got out of the theater I actually think my mom's words were 'I wanted to dance out of my seat!'...also, how bad did that movie make you want to go somewhere tropical??!! I am going to have to look up this Foxy News man =) Also, I thought of Matt when we met Petrozza...I know he's a fan of the show, he would've appreciated it!

Amber, I miss Carter =(

Jenn, just read your blog (left a comment) and we are still laughing about Tori & Dean. Chap just went to set the t-vo. You are silly, I know I haven't seen you in a while...but last time I did you looked great!! I really don't have a set work out routine...I try to work out at least 4-5 times a week and have to swtich it up b/w running, elliptical, and cycling (or I get bored). Trust me, the mac & cheese shows up in the bathing suit =)

Colly said...

That is a smokin picture of you and Chap!! The cousins one is also really cute!
And OMG. I would have absolutely had a fit to meet Petrozza (sp). That is awesome!!! AND were able to eat his food. I would want a picture too!! I am so jealous, I love him, I wanted him to win...but am glad he's back home and maybe will open up an awesome restaurant somewhere close. Did you talk to him? How was the food? Did you tell him he got robbed by youthful boobs and blond hair??? Yes, I am a fan.
Strangely, as much as I love singing and dancing, I get the feeling that I would much rather poke my eye out with a Pixie stick than watch Mamma Mia. I think it's the whole non-stop Abba thing, that kinda gives me chicken skin all over.......but I'm sure I could be wrong.
I am dying to see Dark Knight which is on the schedule for this week, and Wall E, and Step Brothers.
Since everyone spoke on the hair, Your hair always looks fabulous...what more can I say. :0)

Matt and Dionne said...

Yes, I totally meant to show your post to Matt! He loves that show! He would definitely get a kick out of that! And the Fox News person's name is actually Bret Baier. I'm not sure if you'll agree with me but everytime I see that guy on the news and then see Chap's pic, I can't help but think they look so much a like!

Cookie and Poppy said...

What a great weekend. Hanging out with family, then even more family and friends! I totally recommend that bed and breakfast where we stayed Friday night. I think it was Chateau Rollings?

Jaysey said...

And who would do this?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qQ9u1aoeEgI

Heather.
Cheesetastically fabulous.

Doug & Stef said...

was mama mia good? lisa wanted to go see it, but the reviews were terrible. fun fun weekend, it makes me miss the beautiful south :(

Jaysey said...

I just re-watched "Lights, Camera, Liam" again, and I have to say, seriously...you two. You scamming the big party, Chap talking about balls and doing bad Rocky's. When you get pregnant, just tape your life. Then, I can totally cancel my cable.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is I MISS YOU! :(
We had so many fun memories together, but my first one of you is the same one you put on my blog. It was Stacy Framer's B-day party and yes, it was at the Sugar creek clubhouse. I remember meeting you and we just hit it off and I knew that we would be great friends. And we were/are. :) I remember being SO excited when I found out that you would be coming to Riverside instead or Greer.
I have to list this memory too... remember all those nights when me, you, Tess and Erika would all spend the night (usualy at your house) and we'd stay up all night singing...my mind is drawing a blank of the songs. Do you remember?? Anyway, we were so silly the 4 of us! :) But what fun memories I have! Okay, one more...I told you I had a bunch. :) Who cold forget all the church dances. LOL!! Need I say more?! :)
Love ya!

Matt and Dionne said...

Matt thought it was the coolest thing that you guys got pics with Petrozza! I told him about it while he was at work and the first thing he wanted to do when he got home was look at your blog:)

The Morgans said...

I am so flippin' jealous of ya'll right now! I want to meet that big ball of sweet guy Petrozza. He was so nice and I wanted to him to win so bad, b/c Christina was a huge B. Looks like it was a good weekend with the Momma's! I can't get past P, though.......

Chap and Heather said...

Hey guys!! Yes, MaMa Mia was really good...Colly I understand what you are saying. I am glad I was in the mood or I might have felt the chicken skin too. Luckily I love Meryl Streep and Peirce Brosnan enough I didn't care much of what they were doing.

Dionne ~ I am glad that Matt appreciates our star spotting...next time I'm at WU I'll see if I can get him an autograph!! =)

Jamie ~ You are so sweet, I can't begin to tell you how much I miss you too. I started crying thinking about the memories you shared...what were those songs we tried to harmonize?? Wasn't one The Little Mermaid??? =) Those church dances were so much fun...how silly were we??!! I still have the sleeping angel you give me...do you remember what you wrote on the bottom??

Jenn ~ I am taking my computer home tonight so that I can get on you tube and find some of this stuff...I am sure you will be hearing from me! I can't wait to see it!

Brittany ~ I will be sure to get you an autograph too...I think he would have really been overwhelmed if you and me were there bombarding him. Lucky Petrozza, he might have filed a law suit! =)