The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update!

Evidently, my blog is in need of an update...but unfortuneatley I don't really have anything new and exciting to report so I will make this as breif and painless as possible:


Me: I am working a LOT this summer...all day every day from 7 am till 6 pm with children who's ages range from 5-10 years old...it's fabulous (sarcasm of course). I'm also still working on my master's class on-line, good news is after this class I will have completed 18 hours of credit so there will be an upgrade in the cha ching when the new school year starts (woo hoo!)

Chap: working working working. This is such a stinky (literally) time of year for him because it is just so hot here in SC. Working outside all day really takes a toll on you...and your fragrance =) However, we are very very grateful for the work he does have!! He just finished his summer class on Tuesday and has spent his evenings making me some yummy dinners (thanks babe!)

Brodey: Poor brown boy has a 'hot spot' on his back from the heat and boredom of the summer. It makes my heart hurt thinking about it...this is our first experience with the 'hot spot' and I really hope it goes away soon! I am working on getting him a 'playmate', till then though he is just going to have to chase the birds, squirrels, neighbors cats and quit eating a hole in his back!

Well, there's the update...told ya, nothing really new or exciting. In our spare time (which is very limited on the weekends) we do find some fun to have!



Of course, we've taken a couple trips to the lake with Todd and Tammy (this is Tammy and their sweet dog, Chase)

This is Justin on the slip and slide, for those that don't know and haven't experienced this greatness...Todd and Tammy have a gigantic slip and slide that is great fun and entertaining (especially when the adults slide)

This is Sawyer, Justin's adorable nephew, spraying Chap down with soapy water so that he could slide down the slip and slide. Chap didn't complain at ALL when the soap got in his eyes =)

Here's Chap giving Sawyer a boost down the slide (even though he swears he didn't need it!) Pull your bottoms up! =)

This is later, the same 4th of July evening, Colly and Chap re-enacting the SNL Census Bureau Skit, thanks guys!!

And of course, there have been several trips to visit the little man, Carter. He is getting big...and so are his BM's =)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Welcome back to blogging. :) I've missed you! Sorry you and Chap are both working so much... that is never fun. Long gone are the care-free, easy summer days where you sleep in, swim and play all day long. :) Who knew this adult life was so much work?! :) Sorry about Brody too. :( When you said you were working on a playmate...is that what I think/hope you were talking about?? :) Or were you refering to another dog??

Jaysey said...

'Bout time. I know--not everyone can have my exciting life with death, destruction, and mayhem around every corner...but really, it was a very long wait for this update, chica. I am glad to hear that Chap has work...it's a tough economy, which is what's so good about you making extra money in the fall.

Poor Brodey...what's a dog to do when it's hot and boring...Penny is driving me up a freaking wall. I have never heard a dog whine so much in my life...but at least she doesn't have this "hot spot" thing.

Chap and Heather said...

Jamie~
You are correct...this adult life is a lot of work!! I am sure in the long run it's all worth it. Wouldn't a playmate be great for Brodey?? I think he'd really enjoy that! =)

Jenn~
Yes, this economy is really scary. I am pretty sure we could start our own club pretty soon. Even though I complain about the long summer hours, I really am grateful for the job!

I hadn't heard of this hotspot concept till this summer. Evidently it's a hot topic around Rock Hill. Three teachers I work with have labs that are experiencing the same hotspot hoopla. Not cool. Poor Penny, I'm not good with whining dogs. Makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

Our dog growing up would get hotspots. Relatively harmless, other than the ugly looking. A little cream clears it right up (and they don't even have to go to the clinic!)