The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday's Kick B.A.S.S

I know it seems like I am always posting about birthdays and babies...but we have a lot of both around here so you get to hear about it!
Chap has been working very hard the last two weeks to finish his dad's corn hole/nugget game. He made a set for my parents, and now this set for his dad...and I can't decide which one I like best?? Anyway, it was a team effort to get the fish painted on the boards Saturday night...Justin, Chap, and Matt worked on the fish while Mike made the chicken (an equally important job in my opinion). I had to take a picture because this yumminess was the highlight of my Saturday =)

So Sunday we traveled to Hartsville to celebrate Mary Cline, Larry, Roger, and Chap's birthday (we knocked four out in one day...this should make for less b-day posts ;) This was also exciting because it was the twins' first trip to Cookie and Poppy's! The aunts (me and Keesha) did our best to play nice...good thing there's two of them, otherwise things might have gotten ugly.

Larry loved the game boards. While I'm not sure an entire game was actually played, I do know that they made for a special background for our special family =) Who's getting old?? Not these kids....




Monkeys see, Monkeys do!


This is Rollings scootin' around the driveway yelling, "I love you Heder...but you will have to move now so I don't run over you!"


I wasn't able to take pictures of Larry, Krissee, and Chap shooting the watermelons with the new gun...I was way to busy playing with the babies. Holidays and celebrations have always been so wonderful at the Rollings', and then adding the sweet Daybies has made things even greater!! Love you all, happy birthday Larry, Chap, Mary Cline and Roger =)




10 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

looks like you guys had a big time! I love the monkey see, monkey do picture. And I think you're right...thanks goodness there are two babies, b/c I would not want to see that fight!

Happy birthday everybody!

Cookie and Poppy said...

We had a great time! I love the pictures and the corn hole boards got polyeurethane (four coats) and a coat of wax today.

Two of Larry's friends say they cannot be beat at corn hole - Jimmy and Wayne - Do I hear "Bring It ON"??????

Chap and Heather said...

CHALLENGE!!!

Anonymous said...

I still want to see/learn how that game is played... never heard of it until you. :) Happy B-day to your hubby! And those little babies are just too cute for words and getting so big! 2 months now right??

Krissee said...

I love your subject line. You are so witty. I'm so glad I got to hang out with you guys on Sunday. It was a nice break having all the babysitters around.

Jamie,
Yes they are almost 2 months. 8 weeks on Friday and as of last week a little over 10 pounds. I'm amazed at how fast they are growing.

The Morgans said...

Rollings looks adorable in his little helmet! i can't believe how big he is now! Those cornhole boards look professional, i see a side job coming on......

Justin Smith said...

those boards are pretty bad ars! That's funny Mr. Rollings has two friends that think they can't be beat... because I know Chap and I CANT be beat!

Chap and Heather said...

Haha, Justin...I think we'd see some throat thrashin' with that corn nug. competition!

The boards are soooo bad ars (in pirate voice I'm assuming) thanks to you and YOUR amazing skills. Thank you!! I'll build you a cake one day.

Colly said...

The nug boards look great! Love the pic! I'm with Brittany, you guys should make them to sell in Jeni's store...custom orderd....at a ridiculous price of course.
I love beer butt chicken.

Chap and Heather said...

Oooh, I like that idea...Jenni's store would be a GREAT place for those!! I will be sure to pass that along to Justin and Chap =)