The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, September 19, 2008

My Modest Father

I just got the coolest e-mail from my dad who recently did some catching up on my blog. =) If you've ever met my dad then you know he's pretty fantastic! He's got a wonderful and addictive personality, super outgoing and friendly, loves to give ya the 'thumbs up', hardest working man I know, and very athletic (next weekend he is doing a charity event that involves him riding his bicycle...NOT the Harley, 100 miles from Rock Hill to Greenville...WOW, I get tired just making the drive!) It's hard to get him to share all the wonderful things he does, so we have to do this for him (unless it's beating our butts in poker or horse, he's pretty good at bragging when it comes to that!)


Anyway, after reading about 'catfish cove' he sent this picture. I thought I'd share a little for my modest father...he caught this striper last month at Lake Hartwell!! WOW! Watch out Larry and Chap...I think Big Norm might be ready for a fish-off soon!


I love you dad! Good thing you had some evidence...I might not have believed this one! See, don't you think it's time for a boat?? =)

10 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

wow, way to go Norm!! That is some fish!

Heather, your dad is always so much fun and I always love his "thumbs up" additude!

Anonymous said...

Punkin, thanks for sharing my fish story since I'm so modest I can't do it myself!!!

Can't wait to see you and Chap and Broday next Friday at the Rollings Hotel!!!!!

Love, DAD

Anonymous said...

Isn't Dad so humble!!??

Anonymous said...

HOW DID I DO THAT?

Jaysey said...

That's a pretty big fish. Your dad is super cool. I wish I had a super cool dad. (Typing that just made me tear up a little--thanks)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

spelling has never been one of my strengths!....attitude

Cookie and Poppy said...

Wow! Big Norm just shows us all up doesn't he? I guess because he's so shy and withdrawn HA!

Chap and Heather said...

Ahhh...I love reading comments! You guys just made me tear up =)

Dad, you are pretty cool...but let's not let this go to our head!

Mom, sorry if this has gone to dad's head.

Anonymous said...

Not to make your dad's head any bigger, but that really is quite a fish!! :) So fun to see a pic of you dad... just how I remember him... hasn't changed a bit! Love that he is always smiling!

Colly said...

W-0-H!!!!