The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, October 13, 2008

Chappy Birthday!

We celebrated Chap's birthday Saturday with friends and some family =) Thank you to everyone that came to celebrate, you helped make the day very special for Chap! We had such a great time, here are some pics from the Chappy Birthday weekend!


This is our friend, Carter, he really enjoyed playing Chap's video arcade games!
I had to post this picture because some of you might remember the 'tree saw' I bought Chap a couple months back....well, this might not have been the best idea considering that every time the guys get together, something is being cut down (whether it's dead or not.)
Happy Birthday!!



It was almost mission impossible getting the cake out to Chap. The candles would NOT stay lit! It was defnitely a TEAM effort, thanks girls!!

Chap was up at 6 a.m. grilling the birthday pig (poor piggy). Everything was really yummy, and the best part was all the left overs we had!

Uncle Normie and Brodey had lots of fun hanging out =) Thank you for making the trip Normie, it was so great having you there!!
Normie, A.K.A. 'Santa', came bearing gifts Saturday. Two of the gifts were new bikes for me and Chap!! Since my dad's charity race we've been itching to ride!! Thank you so much DAD for the beautiful bikes!! We had so much riding yesterday, though the pain I'm feeling today really opens my eyes to how far 107 miles actually is!! Wow! Baby steps though...right??

We found some great trails in our neighborhood, and even this great dirt bike course set up with jumps and everything! It was great fun! (Don't worry Dad, we cleaned the bikes as soon as we got home!)

I hope you had a great birthday weekend, Chap! I love you so much and appreciate all you do! I am very lucky to be married to my best friend =)




15 comments:

Doug & Stef said...

I'm so jealous of your bikes and of the weather you are still having boo to utah weather - that last picture is so cute of you two!

Colly said...

I'm sorry I missed the party, it looked like a lot of fun! I bet that pig was spectacular! Those bikes are great!!! That freestyle course looks pretty fun! ;-)

Daniel said...

certainly there are pictures of the pig..

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

Looks like one heck of a time! I really hate we missed all that fun and that piggy. (it sounded delicious, by the way)

anyway, Happy Birthday Chappy!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I'm so glad Chap had an awesome birtday party! Just think about next year! Well, Big Norm has outdone himself. New bikes. I love it. I can't top that Big Norm. I must know...who baked the cake???

Chap and Heather said...

Stef~
You KNOW you should move back to the Carolinas!! =)

Colly~
Do you check your e-mail?? We missed you lots!

Daniel~
Unfortuneatley, b/c I was getting the house ready I didn't take a picture of the pig till AFTER it had been devoured. I almost posted a picture of the carcass, but it grossed me out a little bit. I'm sending it your way via e-mail. =)

Amber~
We missed you guys too!! Can't wait read about the reunion though =)

Marilyn~
I MADE THE CAKE!!! It was very yummy too =) You will have to help me with a plan for next year, I would say I'm excited...but when he turns 30 that just means I'm that much closer! Yikes!=)

The Morgans said...

The pig was so delicious and the cake divine! Tons of fun was had by all!!! I love the picture of trying to get the cake in the garage, that was great work! I love Shelly's face!

Matt and Dionne said...

What a fun birthday! Gosh, you people are ALWAYS doing fun things! Too bad for me we aren't neighbors. My life would probably be a bit more exciting:)
We got bikes last summer and quickly realized that its a bit more tricky pulling a kiddie trailer and having a baby seat attached. Still fun, just MUCH slower:)
Happy Birthday Chap!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

might that be a hershey cake? it kinda looks like it..yummy!!

Chap and Heather said...

Brittany~
Thank you! Yes, the cake exporting was very tricky...why didn't we make the boys come inside?? Oh well, it did make for a funny picture...thanks for taking it =)

Dionne~
I can imagine pulling someone behind the bike can be challenging...maybe I can talk Chap into pulling me when the time comes =) ps...I'm working on my 'tag'!!

Amber~
It was a Hershey cake indeed!! Our favorite =)

Jaysey said...

Looks like tons of fun!
Happy Birthday, Chap!

mgoodner said...

We had a super fun time! The bike riding adventure looks like a blast. Thanks again for having us!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to your hubby! Looks like a fun weekend. And what a great b-day present the bikes were! And it wasn't even YOUR b-day. ;) Lucky girl. :)

Justin Smith said...

I gotta be honest.... i'm still eating off of that pig and he is delicious as EVER! and my stomach still hurts. Heather my diet starts tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looked like you had a great birthday, Chap!! So glad you did!! And a Hershey cake!! I’ve never had one, but anyone who knows me knows I will kill for chocolate!! Heather, please send me the recipe! Am so glad you guys like the bikes. The bike trails look like a blast!! Dad and I BOTH hope you have hours and hours of great fun on them (the bikes, I mean!!