The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, March 14, 2008

And Then There Was Light

So besides Brodey, picture taking is one of my students’ favorite rewards (I think it makes them feel famous!) Well, since we are studying electricity, their challenge this week was to make a flash light out of scrap materials. Prize: Picture on the blog!! Yes, they know about the new blog and have enjoyed visiting…which I felt guilty about in the beginning; however, it led them to a pretty cool idea of starting their own class blog where they will all read a book and respond to it through a ‘book club blog’...monitored of course. So. I guess it ended up being a neat learning experience. Anyway, here are the big winners and their famous flashlights! Good job kids!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again...you are such a fun & great teacher! I know your kids just love you! Way to go to your kids too...very samrt and creative! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun is that?! I love the book blog idea...I might steal it! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

What fun!! your students must be really smart! I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Amber

Chap and Heather said...

Hey Amber!! Girl...you know my kids are genius style =) I can't wait to see you either, we'll be there Friday afternoon!

Chap and Heather said...

Hey Amber!! Girl...you know my kids are genius style =) I can't wait to see you either, we'll be there Friday afternoon!

Colly said...

I like getting to see what you do at school and seeing your class with Chap and Brody! Looks like they have a great time with you! I wish you had been my 4th grade teacher! It is 4th right???