The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend of Fun and Firsts

We had a fun weekend with several first experiences. Of course, I didn’t realize this till looking through my pictures last night on my new camera (thanks Mom & Dad!)

1st new experience: A bowling birthday party! We celebrated Shelly by bowling Saturday afternoon and had a blast! Yes, we might have been the only birthday group there over the age of 9 years old, but that didn’t stop us from having just as much fun! I was surprised to realize that this was a first for me. After many fabulous skating birthdays, Chuckie Cheese birthdays, and slumber birthday’s I had not been to a bowling birthday.




2nd new experience: Feeling a baby kick!! While this surprised some, considering my fanatic obsession with pregnant people, I have never actually felt a baby move. I cried some happy tears when I felt sweet Carter kick Saturday…it was awesome! We gave Amber a “baby basket” (also, another first) that was created for the sole reason that me and Erica can’t stop shopping for baby Carter when we work TIN together. Buying baby books and clothes has always been fun for me, but now that I actually have a purpose with both my best friend and sister being pregnant, it’s even better. =)


3rd new experience: Hand made window treatment and shower curtain! While I have enjoyed shopping for shower and window curtains at my local Target, T.J. Max, and Lowe’s, I have never experienced the excitement of actually choosing a fabric, designing the treatments, and putting it together with a fun border till this weekend! Since I am yet to experience my first sewing lesson, Krissee and Amber have become quite the professionals! Thank you so much girls, I love them and you!! I can’t WAIT to put them up…but for now a sneak peak of them on my table oudaman will have to suffice, since Chap is sick with the flu and can’t get them up till feels better =(

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!! Your blog looks great! I'll definately enjoy having something else to read at work. I had so much fun saturday seeing you girls! The baby basket was awesome too!!
love you!
amber

Anonymous said...

p.s. i love that your mom has a blog too....what a cool mom!

amber

Anonymous said...

Yea for bowling b-day parties! :) I haven't been bowling in forever either...makes me want to now. maybe that can be Greg and I's date night this week. :) And LOVE the curtains. Look at you Martha Stewart!! I wish I could sew, but I just stick to the shopping. :) Wait until you feel YOUR baby kick for the first time...so crazy and neat! Hope you have that experience soon. ;)

Chap and Heather said...

Amber~
I am glad you liked your basket...I promise you will be getting more very soon! Mom is loving this blog thing...even though she is still tech. challenged =) She's getting better!


Jamie~
I WISH I was Martha, Amber and Krissee are the Martha's =) I have no clue how to sew! I am hoping after we all have our babies, we'll sit around and sew things like quilts and curtains...even though I just got a visual of that and giggled =)
I am sure everyone is excited for their b-days coming up, I can't wait to see pics!! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh great post! Lots of info and pics!!! Went to the doctor this morning. They think its a boy and a girl!!!! Not sure yet though so don't start buying just yet. We are super excited though even if they weren't positive of thier genders.

Love you!!
Krissee

Chap and Heather said...

Ahhhhh, Krissee!! You are such a dork, I can't believe you told me this important info. on blog...I am calling you right now...I am so excited!!

Matt and Dionne said...

This may seem strange to you but I had to leave a comment because I feel like I know you! Since you spent so much time with my sister-in-laws, you are usually in a story or two when they start reminiscing about old times. I'm Matt's wife and he wanted to say hi as well. We saw your link on Jamie's blog. Anyway, you and your husband look so cute together and I love your house!
-Dionne & Matt Jensen

Chap and Heather said...

Hi Dionne!! I am so happy you sent me a comment, I have wanted to say hello to you and Matt but wasn't sure if you would think I was strange!? (I don't know the blog laws really=) I have seen your link through Jamie's page and think your family is adorable! You look like such a fun mom and I can only imagine how great Matt is as a dad! Please tell him I said hello! I am so happy to make a new friend through this blogging experience =) Please keep in touch!

Matt and Dionne said...

Of course we wouldn't have thought you were strange if you had left a comment!! We love hearing from anyone and everyone:) Its so fun getting to know some of Matt's old friends a little through blogging!
South Carolina seems like a fun place to live and it is so beautiful!

Gigi and gramps said...

Hello, My Darling Angel...

Yes, it's MOM - who else would be so gushy!! First of all, I can't BELIEVE of every birthday party we gave you we didn't do a bowling birthday party!! Are you SURE about that??? I know we've gone bowling before! Well, I know what we're doing for your next birthday!! And I can't believe you girls didn't invite me!!! You know how cool I am!!

And oh my gosh, feeling the baby move for the first time. It brings tears to my eyes!! I could go on forever about what that feels like and you know I could go on forever about what it felt like when I held you for the first time - just wait, Amber and Krissee!! - but I'll stop here. I don't want to embarrass you any further!!

And the curtains are BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to see them up! As you can tell, Heather's mother is not only tech challenged, she's also sewing challenged!!

To Krissee, Amber, Shelly, Erica, Shelly, Brittany, Jamie, and anyone I forgot - a big HELLO!!

Punkin Doll - I LOVE YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE MOON AND BACK!!! MOM