The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, April 21, 2008

Is It Friday Yet??


While this weekend awesome, I feel like I need another two days to rest and recover!!

It started Friday, after school with going to the Carrie Underwood & Keith Urban concert in Charlotte!! Angela, a friend I teach with, got me and her 9 year old daughter, Ripley, concert tickets for Christmas!! We have been anticipating this for quite quite a while, and it was worth the wait!! I have always LOVED Carrie Underwood (voted a LOT that year of American Idol), and had originally been excited about the tickets just to see her, however, Keith Urban is definitely one of my new favorites! I am sad Chap couldn’t come with us because he would have been in ‘awe’ with his skills…wow (though I would MUCH rather hear Chap play and sing of course ;) We had a blast! Thank you so much for a GREAT gift and a wonderful night!!


Angela, Ripley, and me getting ready for the concert (yes, I did buy us all cowboy hats from Target!)


Ripley and I PATIENTLY waiting for Carrie!


My "Idol", Carrie!


My new boyfriend, Keith =)
This is Ripley after the concert...I think it sums up how we all felt =)


Saturday morning we traveled to Columbia for a wedding. Two very fun friends of ours got married and it was a GREAT celebration!! It was so great visiting with friends we haven’t seen in such a long time!! I miss you guys already! (Singing and dancing videos available upon request…=)
All the 'Mavericks' singing some Top Gun for Sarah...always entertaining =)



Sunday drove home from Columbia to meet Bailey, a past student of mine, and her family for her birthday lunch at Olive Garden…yummy!!! Bailey was in the second grade class I did my internship in, and then my fourth grade class 2 years later!! She is growing up so fast! She is almost in high school now and THAT makes me feel very old, especially now that I think she's more interested in Chap than she is me =)


So, that’s about it…now all week I'll get to catch up on chores, laundry, and homework that I missed this weekend. =) Is it Friday yet??

21 comments:

Jaysey said...

Yeah, I wish it was Friday. That was some kind of wedding party.
I blogged about that today, too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. I am most envious of your concert! :) I LOVE Carrie Underwood & Keth Urban!! Keith Urban is quite the hottie. :) Love the cowgirl hats! What is a country music concert w/o one?! :)All 3 of you looked so cute!

How's the baby shower planning going?

Chap and Heather said...

Jamie~Plans are slowly coming along, this next weekend we hope to have more time to get down to business...but your ideas definitely helped...and I can't wait to hear more =) I promise to post pictures, only 2 more weeks!! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of the concert! i bet that was awesome! Looks like the weekend was fun one to say the least...i hate i missed you guys when you were in columbia! next time, for sure!
love, amber

Matt and Dionne said...

Wow, what a fun weekend!!! Have you been watching American Idol this season? Matt and I can't get enough of it this year! We think this is the best season by far!!! Too many super talented singers! Our favorites are David Archuleta, David Cook, Michael Johns:(, Brooke White and David Castro. Too many to choose from:)

Chap and Heather said...

Yes Dionne, I am addicted too!! I really love Brooke White, she's my favorite girl!! My favorite boys are Jason Castro and Michael Johns (I think him leaving was absurd!)Chap hates Jason though so I have to fight for the remote when he performs=) I LOVED when he did "Over the Rainbow"! Sometimes I feel like I'm friends with the idols. That's probably weird??

Amber~I hate we missed you too...we'll see you soon though =)

Jaysey said...

Gave you a little shout out on the blog tonight ;-)

Doug & Stef said...

sounds busy, but definitely worth it. don't worry tomorrow's humpday!

Jaysey said...

I know you also have tons of bags! I've seen them (and you might have a small addiction to those free bags they give you when you buy Ralph Lauren perfume or Victoria's Secret stuff as I recall.) ;-)

Anonymous said...

haha, Jenn! I think I might have a small addiction to those bags you get with the clinique bonus too!!

amber

Anonymous said...

It sure was a long weekend!! I've decided I hate my nose.

Chap and Heather said...

Oh my gosh, you're right Jenn...I have the same addiction. I have a closet dedicated to BAGS!! Not just purses, but tote bags that I see that I just HAVE to buy!! Clinique bags are a surplus for me too =)

Colly, what the heck are you talking about...your nose?? I think you have a great nose!

Chap and Heather said...

Jenn...ps, laughed out loud when I read 'Ralph Lauren'...how's that Blue working out? =)

Matt and Dionne said...

Matt hates Castro too! Poor Brooke! I was so nervous after she goofed that I was shaking for the rest of the show:( I'm weird--I get really nervous for these people I don't even know! We're thinking after last night that Brooke is probably going home. What do you think???

Chap and Heather said...

Dionne~
I feel your pain...literally!! My neck was stiff this morning from being so tense watching her last night. I started crying (I cry easily) when the judges were talking to her and she kept looking in the crowd for her husband for support, so sad =( I HOPE she makes it through tonight!

I wonder why husbands don't like Jason??

Cookie and Poppy said...

About the concert - I think Heather had that hat ready and waiting - Just hoping for a chance to wear it in public. If I looked like that in a hat I would wear one every day. All three of you look adorable.

Jaysey said...

LOL! No more blue for me. I wear Victoria's Secret Heavenly now--apparently that is NOT so offensive.

You have a bag closet? Yeah, that's a problem...do they Bag Addicts Anonymous??

Matt and Dionne said...

Oh my gosh! Can you believe last nights show??? I loved it! I am sad for Carly eventhough I didn't love her. I was kinda hoping Syesha would go. I think she is so obnoxious and smug. To her credit though, she is gorgeous and has a good voice. You can tell Simon really likes Brooke--he is always so nice to her. Matt doesn't actually hate Jason--just his hair:) Ok, I think I need to lay off American Idol a little! Obsessed much?!:)

Chap and Heather said...

Dionne, I was so happy Brooke didn't leave us!! You could tell she was shocked too. I hate that Carly left, that whole 'American Dream' thing got me a little choked up! And I agree about Syesha, she's great and so pretty, but I think she found her niche singing musicals...she'll be on Broadway before too long, so I wouldn't be too said if she's the next to go too!

I can see Matt's point, Jason's hair does look like it would be super stinky, I definitely wouldn't want to run my fingers through that hot mess! =)But I still like him a lot!

Jaysey said...

Tag: you're it! (see my space)

Anonymous said...

Thats Me! In the picture :) Loved to meal.. :0 Yummy!