The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break 2008


My break has sadly come to an end. While there was some fun to be had such as:

First lake trip this season (thanks Mike, Shelly, and Todd!)
Three birthday parties (happy b-day Dad, Mimi, and Todd!)
Golfing with Chap
Shopping trip to Gaffney with mom (thanks mom!)
Anniversary date night with Chap
Lots of runs with Brodey


My biggest feat, however, was painting the house!! We’ve lived here for almost a year now and the white walls were starting to make me nauseous. This is the first chance I’ve had to do anything about it, so here it is! Sorry there are no ‘before’ pictures…I got a little eager and just started painting.

Credits:
All the nice men in the paint department at Home Depot…they never got tired of seeing me back in there when I ran out of paint (4 times!)
Chap: best edger ever (which is good, because I found out I was the worst!)
Clorox Wipes: to wipe away evidence of my mistakes =)


Anyway, several friends have asked, so here are some pictures! We still have several rooms to do and decor to purchase...but that will have to WAIT! I am over painting right now and so is my budget=)



formal dining room



downstairs bathroom



formal living room



upstairs guest bathroom (hooray for my new curtains, thanks Amber and Krissee...can't wait for you to see them in person!!)



THIS is Brodey, his contributions included getting in the trash and digging his nose around in the empty paint cans. He was in big trouble that day, you can tell when his ears go down that he's BUSTED!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a huge difference paint makes!! Looks great!!

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the blue in the dining room.

Sounds like y'all have the same system that works for Krissee and I... she edges, I roll the hell out of the walls!

Jaysey said...

Looks good...especially the dog--I think that's his color.

Matt and Dionne said...

I LOVE the colors you picked! All the rooms look very professional! Great job:)

By the way, I love your bags!!! Very cute:)

Gosh, I feel like we are friends even though we have never even met!!! Too bad we don't live closer--I'm sure we'd get along just great:)

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! Paint makes a HUGE difference and makes a house feel more like a home. And your beautiful curtains look great with the paint. And the pic with Brody's green nose is priceless!

Chap and Heather said...

Thanks guys!! That makes me feel really good, especially after spending the majority of my break trying to get it done (I found muscles I didn't know existed!!) Just do me a favor and don't look at the molding or ceiling next time you come over =)


Dionne~I feel the same way!! Hopefully one day we'll get that chance, I'd really love to meet you and your kids!!!

Chap and Heather said...

Daniel~

I just laughed a little bit thinking about what a room might look like if we painted it together, what a mess?!! We might start a new trend though, I bet there are a lot of people that dislike edging as much as us!!

Jaysey said...

I hat edging. I'm not doing it. I wonder what that will be like...

Cookie and Poppy said...

I am so impressed!! It's beautiful. It matches your china? I found some silk fabric a couple of weeks ago that will be perfect in the dining room. It's only $49.00 per yard. Maybe a placemat.
Chap, you have amazed me. To me, edging (cutting in) is the hardest part and I always have to do it????

Chap and Heather said...

Hi Marilyn!

$49.50 a yard...I'll take 1/2 of a placemat...Chap and I can share =) He would have to do a LOT of edging/cutting in jobs for us to afford those curtains =)

He actually saw Larry using a tool that helped him, the razer type thing you guys had at Krissee and Daniel's house when we did the nursery...anyway, of all the things I bought, that seemed to be the most helpful!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I love it! i have to say, from the pics, i think my fav is the blue dining room! very nice. and Brody with the green nose...that is too adorable. how can you get mad at that?! :)

Amber

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Finally some pictures, I've been trying to wait patiently. Your colors look great! Looks like you had professionals come in. That was a huge undertaking and your hard work really shows. Awesome job. Love it!

Krissee

Anonymous said...

Looks great!!! all the colors look awesome!!!! so you won't pick up painting as a side job??? :) Love b

Gigi and gramps said...

Sorry I'm so late in reading these blogs but you know about my computer woes.

Anyway, the rooms are BEAUTIFUL!! Pretty on your camera, but can really see them in these pics. I love them all, Punkin. You and Chap did a great job!!

Tell Marilyn I'll go in on two placemats!! Let's start bidding and maybe we can get you a whole set!!

Cookie and Poppy said...

Here's a twist - the china that Chap and Heather will "inherit" from us has pink and blue flowers on it - Maybe they need to get it now???
Noritake Romance 6022 - check it out on eBay.