The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Friday, April 25, 2008

Tagging Fun!

I've been tagged by my friend Jenn!

"Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. Tag 6 more bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged."

1. I am obsessed with pregnant people, have been since I was little. They fascinate me for some reason, I can’t help but stare. I am in heaven right now having two of my best friends pregnant, they let me stare AND they let me ask tons of questions!!

2.I am lyrically challenged. I love songs and music, but unfortunately don’t know the words to many…instead I make them up! This quirk is quite amusing for my husband who is musically and vocally talented. He loves to get me singing in the car, and suddenly turn the volume down so he can hear the wrong words I make up more clearly. My friend Shelly busted me a couple years ago on a Prince song.

Instead of “She wore a Raspberry beret. The kind you find in a second hand store “I sang: “She wore a red, spiritual dress…the kind you buy at a second hand store”.
Another bust by Shelly was on theme song of “Saved by the Bell’…Instead of: “If I could hand it in tomorrow it’ll be alright”.I sang: “If I could have her as a model it’ll be alright” (thought he was singing about Ms. Bliss)

3. I could eat Macaroni and Cheese morning, noon, and night! All day every day…Kraft Original is my favorite (the kind you can lick the powder cheese clean!) Easy Mac was my saving grace in the college dorms, best idea ever!

4. I have a fear of dehydration while I’m sleeping. I bring 1-2 glasses of water to bed every night, and since the sink is so far away sometimes it takes a while before they get cleaned. I currently have 6 glasses sitting on my night stand, and 2 on the dresser. All of them have a small amount of water in them. Chap used to nag me about it, but I think I’m wearing on him because he currently has 2 glasses of water on his nightstand!

5. I can type of the computer freakishly fast. People stop and stare when I start typing. My class thinks it’s weird, I blame/thank my mom. She used to be a court reporter. She would come home with all her audio tapes from trials and have to type them up. I used to sit and watch her for hours. When she would finally get off the computer, I would sit in her chair, turn on the television, and type conversations I would hear on TV (I wasn’t allowed to listen to her tapes, or I would have typed those!)


6. I am addicted to buying shampoo and conditioner. I LOVE trying new products; one of my favorite things to do is to shop at Walgreen’s and smell shampoos! Underneath my sink is full of shampoo and conditioner bottles, I often wonder how much money it's all worth?? So does Chap. =)

10 comments:

Jaysey said...

Great work, Heather! I love "red, spiritual dress!" Good pick! I always have to go get a glass of water to take to bed--and sometimes I end up with 2 or 3 on the bedside table, too. This is always problematic when you go to visit someone else...what if there's no nightstand for water?

Cookie and Poppy said...

I knew about the macaroni and cheese quirk, but the others were new. Oh, I have heard you say you kept getting lyrically busted. I love all of them. They make you YOU! It would be interesting to hear what Chap's are. I know at least one of them he got from me. Sorry, Chap. Do you remember what it is?

Matt and Dionne said...

That was a fun read!
I recently discovered the BEST shampoo and conditioner ever! Its called Pureology. Its pretty expensive though but totally worth it if you only wash your hair every 3 days.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this and finding out all your little quirks. :) The song one made me laugh so hard b/c Greg does that exact same thing. He can't get a lyric right to save his life. :) And i sleep with water right besdie me too...Greg hates it and thinks it's so weird. I love shampoo too. TIGI dumb blonde is one of my favs. Have you tried that one yet??

Jaysey said...

I'm w/ Cookie--I htink the next post should be 6 Chap quirks.

Chap and Heather said...

Jenn & Marilyn,

You got it! I told Chap last night he needed to work on his 'quirks'...he said he didn't have ANY! After laughing, he said he would work on it today =) (I already made a list of what I think they are so we can compare!)

Jamie & Dionne,
I haven't tried either of those products, but you KNOW I will now!! Thank you for the guidance, hopefully when I find a product I LOVE I can cut back on that addiction a litttle =) Jamie, tell Greg I feel his pain. I bet we could make up some GREAT lyrics together!

I forgot to tag people...oops, but I'd love to hear all your quirks too!!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

haha! those we're pretty funny, and suprisingly i knew most of that about you. I too enjoy the water by the bed at night, b/c i just get soooo thirsty! If i'm visiting a friend i just have to sit the glass on the floor by the bed if there's no nightstand and pray i don't knock it over!!

Gigi and gramps said...

Loved reading your quirks, Punkin. Knew about most of them, but a couple of them were new to me, but scary really, because they're exactly what I do!! I KNEW you were lyrically challeneged. Remember when we used to be riding in the car and be laughing at you because you would just be singing at the top of the voice whatever words you wanted!!

Knew you could type like the wind, but I had no idea you used to type what they were saying on TV!!

Scary that I have to have water at my bedside every night. It started when I was pregnant with you and thirsty all the time. Have been that way for 27 years now. Also had no idea you had a cabinet full of shampoo and conditioners. I WAS GOING TO GIVE YOU ALL OF MINE THAT I HAVE COLLECTED!! Still will. You may like them!! Fun reading. ALL THE WAY TO THE MOON AND BACK!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved it! Maybe with the dehydration you should have added starvation, since you carry food in your purse and i think you came to my house one day to pick us up to go to Snowshoe and tried to make some instant mac and cheese for the trip and Chap put to a stop to it! I just remember laughing really hard and asking what else you had in there. I also have the water to bed thing and my nightstand is not very big at all. Loved this one!!! Love B

Chap and Heather said...

Brit~

I just laughed REALLY hard about this...you're right, I should add 'starvation'...or maybe my OCD of having diabetes =) Love you, can't wait to see yours!!!