The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Monday, April 28, 2008

Chap's First Post!

(Chap's mom asked about his 'quirks' as well, so here they are! He typed this himself...impressive...and sent it to me to post since he's still working that kink out.)

Chap’s Quirks:
1. Super slow typer. That's right, slowest typer this side of the Mississippi, right here.

2. Can't wear something brand new, ever. Hate the smell of it. I feel itchy just thinking about. DON'T TRY IT!! Heather tries to get sneaky and febreeze stuff and throw it in the dryer then give it to me, stop it. I KNOW.

3. Dirty Hands. If my hands get anything on them they must be washed immediately. Usually this happens after eating. If there is something sticky on my hands you can forget it, there better be a wet-one or something, if not, you are about to witness a full on grown man freak out.

4. Losing. Worst loser of all time. Most can attest to this. But what you don't know is how much of the hate, disgust and evil that I suppress that you don't even know about. I scare myself at times, PSYCHO!

5. A dirty table. OK this has some disclaimers in it. First of all I am no where near a neat freak, and not all tables. Only shiny ones, like really nice finished ones. This kind of spurs from my love of nice woodworking. I have to get on my hands and knees, close one eye, and I search for imperfections such as fingerprints, jelly (Heather), smudges, just schmukus in general.

5 1/2. Typing. I know that I said this one already but seriously it’s painful!

6. Flat Drinks. I can trace this back to childhood. My dad was/still possessed with pouring Coke into a glass of ice. If you have the perfect angle, the perfect ice placement you can experience this life changing experience of refreshment. In the years that have passed the quirk has graduated to bottles. People should be more careful. They swing their bottles around all fancy crazy and unaware of the fizz repercussions. Shame on you carbonation killer!

9 comments:

Jaysey said...

Ditto on the flat drinks!
And Kudos to Chap on the first (albeit somewhat pianful) post!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I must say, some of those quirks have matured since Chap left for college. They were pretty young up until then.

The one I became aware of later, which I also have - is a fear of open shoes. My pinkies have to be safe in closed shoes. Chap may have overcome his, but not me. Come to think of it Larry has never worn open shoes either.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

I think Scott has the same brand new clothing affliction. I don't really understand it, but I don't do the laundry so no big deal to me. maybe it's a guy thing....

Chap and Heather said...

Marilyn,

You're right...Chap does have a complex with certain shoes...he hates the ones where the thong goes between the toes!

Amber,

I wonder what that new clothing thing is?? I hold off as long as I can before washing my clothes, I love how they look brand new!! =)

Doug & Stef said...

man heather- i thought your tagging quirks made you a freak - nice to know you married one too! jk luv you and your quirkiness! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog chap. Also, nice face.

Anonymous said...

So proud of Chap and his first official post. It's always so funny to hear about other peoples quirks or as I call them...OCD's. :) Glad to know I'm not the only one who has lots of those. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought this was funny b/c i can see Chap's face when his hands are dirty and the freak out happens. He should include the beach/sand/sun/sunscreen quirk. I laughed really hard at his.
Good job at getting him to do this.
Love B

Chap and Heather said...

Stef~

Haha, aren't you glad us freaks stick together?? ;)

Brittany~

You are sooo right, he should have put the beach quirk in there! I forgot all about that one too, and it's the one that gets on my nerves the most since I LOVE the beach!! =)