The Rollings

An attempt to preserve the moment and celebrate family ~Heather

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Road Trip!


This Christmas my grandma, Eva (we call her Tutu), has asked for a family Christmas. Well, Tutu doesn't ask for very much, so of course we immediatley started planning the trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas about 6-7 months ago. The original plan was for us to make the 14 hour (that's 28 hours round trip) journey in two cars. With 6 of us, we figured this would be most comfortable.

So, Saturday my dad called and after chatting for a few minutes said, "Pumpkin, I've got two letters for you...R.V." All I could do was laugh, I was really shocked! Though we had tossed the idea around, I never thought big Norm was really going for it?! Anyway, I figured I'd share the Gourley's exciting news, along with some very special pictures I found while making a special project for my grandma. Haha, enjoy =)


This was me and my Tutu during my second Christmas =)



I think this is the actually the last Christmas we had with my Tutu. We lived in Collierville, TN and I think I was either 9 or 10. I hope you can see the obnoxious bow in my hair...wow. And check our Normie's goofy grin.



12 comments:

Courtney Heinlein said...

So, you're heading to my neck of the woods:) Hot Springs is about 4 hrs. south of where I'm living. How long are you guys going to be there? I would love it if we could work out some way of meeting up with you guys!

Russ and Sarah Compton said...

How exciting, not only do you get to see Tutu, but ride in the RV!! You were such a cute baby and i loved the bow!!!

Jaysey said...

That sounds like it will be one heck of a road trip! Enjoy!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

wow...RV....it certainly will be an interesting trip. Don't forget to take your ipod. :)

I'm sure it will be a great Christmas with Tutu, I know you miss her.

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

Those pics are so cute!! I know that ya'll will have a great trip to see Tutu and even better stories to tell of your trip in the RV. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Greg will be jealous. He serioulsy wants an RV. :) I can only imagine how excited you are to see your G-ma! Love the pics of y'all when you were little.

Doug & Stef said...

you are a doll! so cute! Sweet ride in a an RV! Man - i'm jealous we have to do a ten hour drive with west and i am not looking forward to it. Good luck!

Cookie and Poppy said...

I love all the pictures. I think you are adorable in all of them and Normie is a doll too. Look at Norm and Roxanne with all that dark hair! I am so glad you are going, in a RV you can sleep while you travel right? Right up my alley.

Colly said...

How sweet & fun!! Thanks for sharing the old pics! Drive safe, and have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Matt and Dionne said...

Ok you were seriously the cutest baby ever!!! I can't wait to see just how cute your little babies are going to be:) Your trip sounds like a lot of fun! I love doing things like that with my family. That is so funny that you guys lived in Collierville, TN too! We all lived there too for a short time. I actually gave birth to Lexi there!

Chap and Heather said...

Ha! Thanks everyone, I will be sure to take lots of pictures...it's a pretty long trip, so there might even be a couple posts along the way. The boys already have some interesting antics they are planning...should be fun.

Courtney...I forgot how close Hot Springs is to you, we used to live in Kansas City so the trip really wasn't bad. That would be lots of fun to meet up!

Dionne~ I forgot ya'll lived there too, isn't it a small world?! I did like it there a lot! We moved there after living in Rhode Island for a while so you can imagine how much we appreciated the southern hospitality! =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Punkin,

So sorry I haven't been on your blog for some time. But I've been busy getting Christmas cards out, wrapping gifts (only tiny ones!) and spent all day yesterday shopping. But of course I didn't buy anything because you all said you didn't want anything for Christmas!

The pics you posted are great. You really were the cutest baby in the world - and those bows were quite in at the time!!

I think we'll have a great time in the RV with the family all together, but I'm wondering what kind of antics the boys have up their sleeves!!! Let me in on it!!